Monday, July 21, 2008

Daisy, daisy...

I have these really fun daisies in my garden. They are some variety of Shasta, but I don't know which one. I call them Shreddies, because the petals look as if they have been through a paper shredder. That, and a Bad Hair Day!!!




17 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love your posts! I think Shreddies totally works as a name here.

Reds said...

Never seen those Pat - you really got to show us your garden - you have amazing flowers!

Margaret said...

Shreddies is such a perfect name! My hair looks like that when I wake up sometimes! I always love your flower shots! Just perfect!

♥ Amy said...

So neat. The nickname is perfect! Beautiful photos, as always.

Angela2932 said...

I really like your focusing and lighting on the 2nd one! These daisies look hassled! I never would have guessed they were daisies!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are amazing...wow!!!
Cari

For Over 29 Years... said...

OOoh I love that second one. The light is so cool.

Sharon said...

I think I'd called them coconut daisies. They look yummy!

Molly said...

Oh, I love the lighting on the second one!!

Becky said...

Those are so shaggy. I loved catching up on your blog tonight--the photos are always so tranquil.

Michelle said...

what fun looking flowers! that first one totally reminds me of Don King. your garden must just be full of flowers!

Jess said...

Wow, I have never seen daisies like those! I love their messy hair! I tried to plant regular shasta daisies this year and somehow I killed them. Sniff sniff. :(

jewels said...

Pat! I like the name shreddies! :) It fits. I've just looked through your blog, as I've been sorta out of the loop, and wow, I miss Mt. Rainier :( We have Baker, but she just isn't the same as Rainier!

I just absolutely love your shots of Brice Canyon too, that color is spectacular!

Cheers,
jewels

Kristina said...

Oh my what unusual flowers! They are so beautifully unusual. I always enjoy your flower/macro shots so much!

Tori said...

These are so pretty! And the name is perfect for them!

summerbl4ck said...

shreddies! love the light and perspective in the 2nd one!

Heather said...

I love the second daisy pic! How beautiful the contrast is!