Friday, July 11, 2008

Odds and Ends

For those who asked yesterday, the second flower is a lowly marigold. Amazing how they look from a different angle, isn't it?

A common merganser and 3 (rule of thirds) of her little ones. Don't you love the feathers on the back of her head? The water IS this green--really amazing. Taken from about 300' up--I was on an old railroad trestle that spans a narrow neck of this mountain lake. Should've had my telephoto lens with me...
And, on the other end of the spectrum, some bubbles in a half-full water bottle.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Like the bird, love the bubbles. ;)

Chell said...

Love your bubble shots. Those birds are cool looking!!

Margaret said...

Love the feathers on the bird's head. Fun shot. That green water is amazing. That bubble shot is awesome, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok that bubble shot is amazing...what lens did you use on that?
Cari

Reds said...

Love the details of the bubbles! And awesome shot of the bird!

Becky said...

I love that kind of duck, and your bubbles are amazing as always! I just saw your comment on my blog that you are partial to owls. Are you a Vera Bradley fan by any chance? One of the new patterns has owls in it.

♥ Amy said...

Love your title and your take on the rule of thirds. You should really read your manual on that one. ;) Great water bubbles, too. Who knew they could be so fascinating? Thanks so much for posting me tonight.

Angela2932 said...

Well, Pat, I just read your post on the 2peas thread, and bummer! I'll be going through Pat-Withdrawal until you can be back! Congrats on the new compy, though!