DS was just home for a couple of day, so one afternoon he and I went up in the mountains about 20 minutes from home and hiked a little bit. There is a wonderful SMALL lake/large pond that used to be a gravel pit 25 years ago. It looks really really blue...

But as you get closer, you can see that the water is very clear, and incredible shades of jade and green and turquoise. Part is from the reflection of the trees, but part is the water color.

Lots of variation in the shadings. It is so clear you can see the fish out there, taunting you because there is no fishing allowed in the lake. Aren't these colors amazing?

Other than sizing for the web and a little crop, the color is SOOC.
18 comments:
You're posting the most magical photos between today and yesterday! Incredible, rich greens, and peaceful, majestic blues! It all looks like paradise! Good luck with your new computer and I hope you have great Digital World mojo today!
That's really cool. Beautiful place.
You have such wonderful places to hike Pat - beautiful!!
oh that is gorgeous..i love the 2nd photo.
Oh WOW. That last shot is just incredible! I want to come hiking with you!
Wow, wow and wow again! Love the first picture, but love the second one even better. For some reason it draws me completely into the water. Must be the framing of the water. Great job! Wish I would live where you live!
Absolutely beautiful. I especially love that first shot. Hope the computer transfer is going well!
What beautiful landscapes!
I love that second photo! It's a little peek into what is behind the trees! Beautiful, thank you!
Oh Pat! My old Home, Sweet Home! I will take you back in the late Fall, which is the prettiest time of the year for this place. These are fabulous shots - great color! ML
The deep greens are so mystical. It kind of reminds me of those stories about the infinite abyss, you know? Love all the colors and the very awesomeness of the whole place.
I'm starting to feel a little competition between your scenery and my beloved Colorado scenery. I didn't think there was a place quite as beautiful, but now...
But seriously...just beautiful!
What beautiful colors. True beauty that if found in nature. I love the view we get through your camera.
Pat, yesterday my kids and I took a walk, it as only 95. we were walking around our neighborhood. not fun. I thoguht about you half way through and wished I was in the mountains. I could almost smell the pine...
Wow...seriously beautiful images!! And, you're right that color is amazing!!!
great color, that water looks almost jewel-toned
wow, great color! love these - looks like such a neat place!
So beautiful! I want to be there, too!
Post a Comment