Friday, July 18, 2008

Landscapes:

West Point lighthouse in Discovery Park, Seattle. I love lighthouses--but this is one of the squattiest ones I've ever seen!!
The rivers are starting to get low...
...and even the Falls are thinner. Last time I posted a photo of them, the water was all the way across the level part at the top. Lower rivers mean a smaller Falls. It's still a long way down, though--268', higher than Niagara.

8 comments:

April said...

these are gorgeous..i love that 2nd one!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that middle photo. It is perfect in my book!
Cari

Reds said...

Love lighthouses - what a beautiful one!!

Lauren Hartman said...

Pat, the landscapes you've posted this week are just lovely. I love the way you always seem to get out and really soak IN all that this beautiful area offers.

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat - I really like your new header for the summer! Great perspective; nice sharp features. It could be "Solitary". I also enjoy your pics posted here - has the Falls really changed that much since I left? ML

♥ Amy said...

Yes, that IS a squatty lighthouse. You live in beautiful country and you have a terrific eye for capturing it at it's finest.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Ok, you seriously need to take me along so I can stop living vicariously through your beautiful photos!! You find the most incredible plaes!

Shawna said...

Great shots... I love how you got some of the foreground in each one (I've read about that, but need to try it with landscapes)! Great job!