Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Waterlilies

Don't you love the structure and purity of a water lily? This one was tucked away in a small stream at the botanic garden, hiding near some shrubs. The center reminds me of a sea anemone.
And this beauty is at my local nursery. Sure wish it wasn't in the center of the pond...but I do like the reflection. There is just something so serene about a waterlily floating on a mirrored surface.


8 comments:

Mandy said...

Phew...I love water lilies. I have never seen any just in 'the wild' though...know what I mean? My parents were green house nursery owners and we had tons of them around in ponds. I like the pink ones, but white ones are my favorites!

Sharon said...

Very pretty!

Once when we were younger, we picked one for my mom and the stench was horrid!

♥ Amy said...

That last one is just perfect. The space around it adds so much in this one. I love the reflection, too!

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat, you captured the exact right mood of a water lily with each of these. I love the reflection every bit as much as the details in the close-ups. Lovely! ML

Amy said...

Gorgeous!

Cindi Koceich said...

They are so beautiful, they don't even look real!!! Amazing!!

Reds said...

I so love water lilies and you got some beautiful ones!!

Jess said...

Oh WOW... these are gorgeous! I especially love the pink one with the reflection... so serene. My grandparents tried to put waterlilies in their pond this year but they died pretty quickly. I wonder if the ducks and the dogs swimming in there had anything to do with it?