Thursday, June 12, 2008

Feeling a little abstract-ed

Nursery crawling....I love this nursery. Tons of flowers and accessories and a great gift shop. When you walk in with a camera around your neck, the employees say, "Oh, are you here with a photo group? Have fun!" Taking photos there is a delight!

This was a huge pot, with the uneven, broken looking edge. The glaze on the inside was a beautiful sea blue-green, and contrasted so wonderfully with the golden color on the rough rim. I loved the colors and the way they played off each other, and the roughness of the rim contrasting with the smoothness of the fired glaze.
Another study in contrasts, with the rough stone of the jug (although it was waaaay too big to be called anything as plebian as a jug!) and the smoothness of the metal handles.
These were terra cotta pots, all nested together. Look at the cool pattern that formed! All those lines and curves; who could resist? Not me!
And, just for fun, trying it in black and white...

20 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow, I'm still trying to picture what I'm looking at in the first one. Are we looking at it sideways? I LOVE that last on in bnw--just amazing that you saw that pattern! You have such a great eye.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful find! I have Home Depot, Lowes & Target for my choices. ;P

Love your header! Please send those watering cans to me soon! ;)

Anonymous said...

These are awesome and I am LOVING your new header! That is awesome!
Cari

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Wow! Those are so interesting. You manage to make everyday things so interesting!

Becky said...

That's cool that they're so welcoming of photographers. I'm still a little shy about bringing my camera into nurseries and stores. Love the new header too!

For Over 29 Years... said...

You have the most amazing eye. I'm going to have follow in your footsteps once.

Tricia said...

I love, love, love your new header. Love the last photo so very neat.

Trina said...

Very neat shots!

I just LOVE your header! So bright and colorful.

--sme said...

These are such interesting subjects!

Lauren Hartman said...

Love that first one, the gold against the blue grey is so pretty! Which nursery do you keep visiting? Obviously I am missing out on one of the local ones!

Stacey said...

I'm in love with the first and last shot. I can't put my finger on exactly why, I'm an intuitive person, but they are lovely.

Reds said...

Love your banner! And love those macros!!

Chell said...

Love the shapes and textures you caught here.

Mom2Drew said...

Love all the detailing.

Shawna said...

I love the color and texture to that 1st shot... it's so fun to look at! Great job on these!

Jess said...

WOW, that is such a treasure trove of pattern and texture! I would LOVE to have been there too! Amazing.

And ps- LOVE the new header! It makes me smile! :)

Mandy said...

I really love the curves in the last photos. Its so soft, and symmetrical. I love that new blog header as well.

Bobbi said...

I love the abstract-y-ness (so not a word) The b/w conversion is really adds to the pattern.

Diana said...

pat i love all the watering cans they are all awesome

Amy said...

These are seriously fantastic. What a wonderful eye you have.