Saturday, June 21, 2008

Out and About

Yesterday was sunny and warm and beautiful, so we went for a walk/hike to enjoy being able to be outside without a coat. I love this stretch of the river near us; the water is usually a wonderful jade-green.
Went down to the State Park, and found this great blue heron looking for lunch in the creek.

These 2 were perched in a tree a little further down the creek, also waiting for lunch to swim by. I was kicking myself for not bring my "big gun", but just my P&S. Of course, if I HAD brought my dSLR and telephoto, these 2 never would've shown up.
And as we hiked through a trail in an open medow area, this was at eye level. I think Mr. Snail was hanging on for dear life.
What a GREAT day to be outside!!

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Love these outdoor shots. That last one is great! The snails in my garden are not nearly that pretty! :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

What beautiful shots! It's Murphy's Law isn't it? The good stuff always shows up when you are without your camera!

Cindi Koceich said...

I am envious!! Soooooooooo beautiful! I can't even get two steps out of the house without the back of my knees sweating! Hmph!

Jess said...

It does look like a gorgeous day! And how typical you saw the eagles when you didn't have your big gun on you! Dangit! The blue herons are awesome, I have only seen herons twice in my life. I know we have them around here but they are pretty scarce.

Becky said...

Beautiful even with a P&S because you're so awesome. And I'm jealous you got proof of your eagle sightings. :-)

Joanne Fowler said...

Beautiful shots! Looks like you had a nice walk today!

Lauren Hartman said...

Pat, you are so lucky to have all this so darned close to you. I had a bald eagle just float over the house a couple of weeks ago, absolutely stunned me to see him here. We need to go rent some 500mm lenses and go hunting wildlife up your way sometime!

PS. the botanical garden is looking pretty nice these days (hint, hint)

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat - what great rewards for your Saturday outing! Its okay to do with the P&S; remember when we didn't have our big guns! You shot wonderful wildlife, including a very complimentary pic of the snail. ML

Amy said...

It does look like a wonderful day to be outside! You captured some beautiful shots, my favorite is the last one of the snail!

Amy said...

LOVE these. I love taking walks outside. So much to see!