Monday, June 16, 2008

Windows: 3

ML and I went Pea-ing down in Seattle last week, to celebrate dry weather. We stopped at Volunteer Park, where the Seattle Asian Art Museum is located (with these wonderful HUGE --30' maybe-- art deco windows.) It was built in 1933. The conservatory is also there, and we had to stop by and check out what was blooming and growing. I am sure you will see more of that later. This is over the front door of the conservatory. The conservatory was built in 1912, and this is the original lunette window, although the green pieces were added in 1982 and 1995.
And this is the same window, from the inside. Note to self: 100mm macro lenses do not work well for wide angle subjects in limited space areas. DOH!
And--I just couldn't resist sharing this. It's not a good shot technically, but couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was up for my Accessory entry for 26 Things. We saw this guy down in Seattle. He strode by us so purposefully and quickly that I scarcely had time to grab my camera, whip around, and get a shot. The kilt/manskirt/whatever-it-is was made of a heavy fabric, twill or denim, and had cargo-type pockets all over it. Definitely a working man's...uniform. Sure don't see that everyday! And don't you love the work boots with it? LOL!!! He also had a nice trimmed full beard...

19 comments:

Bobbi said...

Lol, love that accessory...a mans gotta look good right:) Those windows are beautiful, you sure do go to a lot of cool places.

Anonymous said...

that last shot is great! I love all of the windows too!
Cari

Sharon said...

Cool windows!

Oh my with the skirt!

lcp said...

I love the art deco windows! I like your composition with them. Nice job!

Suzy said...

These are so cool!

Kristina said...

What awesome windows, and lOL on the accessory shot.

Becky said...

Beautiful windows. And that guy looks like he could take anyone who tried to give him a hard time about his skirt.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Great windows and that place seems to be full of great history! That last shot was too funny!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Great windows! And I can't believe that guy. Definitely an accessory worth remembering.

Sharon said...

Beautiful windows. Wish we had things like that around here. Beautiful job.

Lauren Hartman said...

Yes, kilts in downtown Seattle are so not a common occurrence! I recognize some of your picks from yesterday's entry, they're from the Market aren't they? Hope you're enjoying our little bit of springtime weather...finally!!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

You have me LOL. Great windows. I love seeing old buildings and the restoration.

Trina said...

Very cool! LOL at the last shot!

Amy said...

Ha! Great pics! I love the indoor shot of the window.

Michelle said...

those windows are just beautiful. especially the one with the green in it.

hmmm....really like the skirted guy. what a stud!! wonder if i can get dh to wear one...his birtdays coming up!!! LOL!

Mandy said...

I really love all of the intricate details in these stained glass windows. WOW.

Anonymous said...

Awesome window shots!

Amy said...

What beautiful windows, the attention to detail is amazing! And what an interesting man-skirt!!!

Tori said...

those are gorgeous windows! And LOL about the guy in the kilt!