Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer: Greens

I love hosta. I have several different varieties of hosta in my yard, and fight a never-ending battle with the slugs and deer. (For those of you with deer problems, Liquid Fence WORKS! The only time the deer eat my plants is when I forget to spray) Hosta is grown more for the glorious foliage than the flowers; there are so many colors and variations and patterns in the leaves that you can have a colorful garden without flowers! I love the different textures in the leaves, too--you can play with color and pattern, size and texture, height and shape...the combinations are endless. So, here are a few of my favorites...







11 comments:

Amy said...

Pat, these are so beautiful! They look like quilts, how neat you have them growing in your yard!

Reds said...

got hostas too Pat - and I just love your play with the different greens! Love these plants because they are so easy to take care off and so pretty and green!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Lots of green. Don't you love blooming flowers and plants?

Amy said...

Gorgeous! I love hosta. We had 3 large ones. DH dug them up when we moved, and none too gently either. He divided them and replanted at our new place. The next summer, he had to divid thyem again. They're HUGE!

Diana said...

loving all the greens and wow those flowers from below are beautiful

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat - Yes! I LOVE these! Your hosta were my 1st subjects with my own camera. I love the green paths in #1; the curls in #3; the blue tone in - which one after that? Oh well, I do love them all. ML

Kerry said...

I just love all of your pictures Pat.

♥ Amy said...

Your "art" is amazing. I stopped to comment and my 4yo dd said, "Oh, Mommy" and made a motion to scroll down further so she could see more. They loved the geese with reflections and especially the ducklings lined up in a row. I had to wait for everyone to come and look at that one. I left you a response on my mb flower thread.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Wow Pat! You have some beautiful hostas there! So glad you found a way to keep the deer out of them.

Jess said...

OH, these are stunning Hostas! I wish I could have them here, but sadly my entire garden area is in full sun all day long- no shade at all! :(

Krystle said...

These are wonderful. Your shots are always so inspiring to me.