Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Venturing out

Today is gray and mostly dry, so out I went. My dwarf Korean lilacs are blooming; they are shorter and more delicate than the old-fashioned lilacs, but don't have the incredible fragance of those either.
This is a bloom from one of my perennial geraniums. It is about 1 1/2" across when open. I really like the design that forms in the center.
This is from my local greenhouse/nursery, where they are hoping garden weather rolls in soon! Aren't these just the most cheerful watering cans you've seen? I'd love that red one.

22 comments:

Suzy said...

I can't pick a favorite here! I love them all. I like the design in the middle of your flower to and that last shot is just so fun and colorful!

Reds said...

Pat - really would like to see your whole garden - you have some amazing flowers growing there! Love the delicate lilac and those watering cans are cool!! :)

Lauren Hartman said...

Beautiful Pat. I love that Korean Lilac, the bokeh on that image is incredible. And the watering cans are fantastic too. You color on all three of these is just lovely. Are you doing something different these days with it?

Tricia said...

I so would love that red one too, and maybe an orange, and a yellow, oh and maybe the purple. You have a great eye for color and beauty.

Anita said...

Oh my favorite is the purple flowers!! Love em!

--sme said...

LOVE the colors in the watering can shot! These are all very nice!

Anonymous said...

I love the watering can photo! Nice and colorful!

Sharon said...

Love the flowers. Can you please send me that top row of watering cans, I like them all! ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

I think I love the last one. All the colors, just stunning.

Chell said...

love the watering can shot, I can see that on a greeting card or as an Ad for a nursery. And as always you rocked the flower shots!!

C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

*sigh*
If that watering can pic doesn't just call out summer, I don't know what does.
The lilac is breathtaking, I've never seen that variety before.

C said...

Love these! It is, a pretty design inside the 2nd shot... hopefully we'll get to see that 1 1/2" wide bloomed out flower soon ;) So colorful on the water tins!! Love it. That be perfect for 'color my world' cause they are colorful AND water the flowers that "color your world" Thanks for the comments in the gallery and my blog Pat :) You take such beautiful photos and are so nice :)

Anonymous said...

I love the color of the watering cans! thats awesome!

April said...

oh those are great..i love that last one..great colors!

Michelle said...

you know i love your florals but those watering cans are GREAT! i love the graphic-ness and color.

Mandy said...

The last one is so colorful and the perspective just makes it that much more fun! I love how we just get to peak inside the second pink flower. Its so beautifully detailed.

Jess said...

OOOH! These are fantastic! I am loving that your flowers are blooming now, finally. The watering cans are AWESOME. I think I *need* that red one too, it would match my front door! ;)

Becky said...

I'd love to see your yard in person too--I bet it's a beautiful abundance of color and scent!

Angela2932 said...

Pat, each of these are beautiful in their own ways! My korean lilac is showing no signs of blooming this year:(. I love the row of watering cans and your POV with them! And that geranium is beautiful! I've never seen one like it before!

Bobbi said...

I just love how colorful all your pictures are! Those watering cans are so awesome.

Amy said...

Love that second shot.