Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Making my own sun

Since it's still crummy out, (in fact, we got 6" of snow last night at the Pass, about 20 minutes from my house) I went to the store and bought the brightest little dahlia I could find. I love the way the smaller petals will curve in at the center. I can hardly wait for my garden to get going---oh, about August at this rate! Anyway, this little ray of sunshine is on my deck where I can see it from the kitchen, and will go in a big pot as soon as it's dry enough out to plant stuff.


And this is blooming in my garden. It's a scabiosa, also called a pincushion flower. I LOVE the periwinkle blue. The bloom is about the size of a half dollar.

15 comments:

Cindi Koceich said...

Wow...sooooo beautiful!!! I love that new curling petal! And the color in the second flower is gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

You made some beautiful sun!!! I love that purple shot!
Cari

Becky said...

Soooo beautiful! Love that curl and that beautiful bright color. Sorry your weather has been so crummy.

Angela2932 said...

Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous! You wouldn't happen to know what growing zone they can grow in, would you? I hope you get some nice, warm, wonderful days soon!

Malisa said...

very beautiful pictures Pat, you are so talented.

--sme said...

You've got great colors and I love the curl of the yellow flower! You capture such interesting details in your shots!

Amy said...

Good gravy! Your shots are just incredible. You're like the Georgia O'Keefe of 2Peas Photography! ;-)

Diana said...

pat i love that yellow flower is just stunning

Mom2Drew said...

Makes me so happy!

Stacey said...

That first shot is just amazing. ALl of them are. I love the colors and how you blend it so well with the texture of your photos. WOnderful!

Reds said...

Gorgeous yellow!! Wow - so Summery! :)

♥ Amy said...

Love your beautiful sunshine, but that last one is breathtaking - yet again! So gorgeous!

Michelle said...

i love the third shot! that little curling petal is just so sweet. i hope your weather clears up soon--snow in june just stinks!!

Bobbi said...

Oh my gosh, snow still?! I would cry. I love that you made your own sun though. This is just beautiful. The color and comp are so amazing, as the always are :)

Suzy said...

OMG Pat these are stunning!!