Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer: Skimboarding

It's only about 63 today, and a little too cool for water fun, so these are from last summer. I was beachcombing and could've spent the entire day watching these guys skimboard at low tide. Man were they good.
As the tide came in, they would move this log higher up on the beach so they could continue jumping and grabbing air.
They made it look so easy and effortless.
Then I turned to the side, and saw two young fans, heading out to try their luck. SOOO cute!

17 comments:

periwinkle eye images said...

Wow - you were right! I think, given a comfy beach chair and sun hat, that I too could have watched them, hours on end. Great action photos in that bright sunlight. And the little wanna'-bees are adorable: perfect summer-theme shot! ML

Sharon said...

Amazing what they come up with. I'll stick to old fashion swimming. ;)

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I love them all but that last one is priceless!
Cari

Anonymous said...

Great shots! The last one is also my fave!

Anonymous said...

Looks fun but I'm not that daring.

Unknown said...

How fun... Im so jealous of beach pictures. loL!

Val said...

Great action!

Krystle said...

My ds is in LOVE with surfing right now so these just made my night. What great shots!

Liz said...

these just scream summer!!! but that last shot is just adorable!

For Over 29 Years... said...

thank you for posting me. Looks like you had a great day! I love the action you caught.

Anonymous said...

Wow I need to move up there. I'd love it to be 63 out. I love the last pic. They look too cute.

Trina said...

That looks like a ton of fun! Great action shots!

Amy said...

These are so cool, I just LOVE the 2nd and 3rd ones! I've never seen people jump logs on the water, very interesting!

Reds said...

Love that last shot Pat!! How fun that must be to be able to surf!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Nice. I like the last one of the little guys going in. My boys love the skim, well when we lived on the beach in VA.

Suzy said...

I really miss living by the beach! Skimboarding is so fun! :)..

Amy said...

Fantastic captures!