Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Windows: modern

One thing I've learned this week--I definitely prefer old windows. They have much more warmth, and interest, and character, and soul. The modern ones leave me cold, unless you can do something really abstract,
or find patterns,
or they were designed to look old.
Actually, the only thing that I like about the modern skyscraper windows is that you can get some really interesting abstracted, distorted reflections, turning them into modern art canvases.
So, you'll be seeing more old windows. Just thought I'd break it up a little bit.

16 comments:

Reds said...

I'm with you Pat - love old buildings, windows, doors much more than the new ones! You got some real interesting shots those of those new windows!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow are so cool and the color is awesome!
Cari

Sharon said...

I agree with you too Pat. Nothing like the old time stuff. Your pix definitely bring home how far architecture (?) has come.

Sharon said...

Trying to make me feel better I see. ;)

For Over 29 Years... said...

Love that you are teaching me to look outside of the box!

Amy said...

I agree Pat, the old ones are so much prettier and more interesting! Although, you did a great job on these new ones, I especially love the angles!

Chell said...

Wow these are really great. You take on the modern window is fun for sure.

Bobbi said...

I love the old windows as well, but these are uber cool. I love the patterns you found.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love these! I really like the 2nd one. I need to venture out and find neat stuff where I live!

Stacey said...

What cool shots. I just LOVE that last one. Incredible.

Val said...

I like ol windows better too. Crackley painted ones, especially. these photos are very cool though!!

Michelle said...

well now you've just made me look at windows in a whole new way! love all your pics and presentations of ideas here.

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I am with you on the old windows. I like the pattern you got in the 2nd one.

April said...

those are cool!! that second one doesn't even look real!! great shots!

Angela2932 said...

Wow! I love the distorted windows in the last photo! How clever! You've been getting quite the variety of window photos!

Kristina said...

These are just amazing.