Wednesday, June 4, 2008

In Between the Storms

Yesterday was one of those rain-all-day-long days, but just about the Magic Hour, it stopped raining so I raced outside and grabbed a couple of shots. ("My name is Pat and I am addicted to raindrops...")

After taking the fuschia shots, I looked up and noticed the way the late sun was hitting the Doug firs, with the still-stormy sky behind them. It really was this dark gun-metal grey, and the light on the firs was amazing.

14 comments:

Chell said...

Oh so pretty. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for Rain addicts.

Bobbi said...

Nice to meet you Pat lol ;) I love your addiction so don't ask for an intervention...I am not beyond enabling.

periwinkle eye images said...

I LOVE the little puddles collected at the bottom of each drop on #1, and the reflection on #2. These fuschia buds look deliciously tender; I hope the elk don't like them. ML

Tricia said...

Stunning as always. I love that you love raindriops. tfs

Molly said...

Lovely. Do you handhold for your macros, or do you typically use a tripod?

Becky said...

I LOVE when the sky gets like that, and of course I love your drops. But I just got to see yesterday's chives and allium and am super-dooper loving those!

Michelle said...

oh pat, that first one...no words for it! beautiful just doesn't seem to cover it. i am bowing down to you, o' queen of the flower world...

Diana said...

Pat youre so funny! but you do get some awesome raindrop shots

Amy said...

I'm so happy you're addicted to raindrops, I just LOVE seeing them through your eyes! Beautiful shots!

Anonymous said...

I wish you would come teach me...but I think I need a macro lens:( great shots.

Reds said...

Your addiction is our viewing pleasure! Love these drops!

Shawna said...

Wow those raindrops are awesome! These are so sharp!

mel said...

oooh, love the green against the dark grey backdrop... gorgeous shots!

Amy said...

That last photo is fantastic!