Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Windows: Rapunzel, Rapunzel...

This is the old Water Tower in Volunteer Park in Seattle. It was built in 1906. I really like the uneven bricks and the way some of them stick out just a little. Every time I see this tower I think of Rapunzel...can't you just see her standing at one of those windows, waiting to let down her hair?




19 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Pat, these windows are so interesting! I'm beginning to think Seattle has it all! Wonderful architecture AND great flowers, (and guys in skirts.) Well, and you.
Thank you, Pat, for asking about Dianna. She is struggling these days; she on campus, in summer school, but has a hard time with the reminders of her friend. Her friend was a passionate lover of plants, had her dorm room filled with them, and her friends planted a little memorial garden on campus for her.

Sharon said...

Cool tower and I like that the grate have nice detail too.

Anonymous said...

Nice! I really like the last one!

For Over 29 Years... said...

So funny, I love how you thought of repunzal.

NTD said...

They do remind me of repunzel. Great architecture

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Sorry Pat I was signed in as one of my kids accounts NTD. Its me Gypsy girl

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Those are some great windows. I can totally picture Rapunzel in there!

Amy said...

What a beautiful water tower and I love the angles in which you captured it! If they ever film a modern day Rapunzel they have to do it there!

Bobbi said...

you are rocking the windows! I really love the angle of that first picture, could be Repunzel's tower for sure.

Reds said...

Love the angle of the first shot! Also love the windows!

Stacey said...

What cool windows. Makes me want to look in. I like the perspective of these.

Mom2Drew said...

I can totally see that tale in these shots-what a great window!

Becky said...

That is the prettiest water tower I have ever seen!

Sharon said...

Gosh Pat, so envious. What a great place for photo ops, and what great windows, love them all. We are going to try to take a nice, long, leisurely drive up the coast to Washington later in the summer. Maybe I will get to see some of these things.

Sandra Collins said...

You are right - definitely fairy tale windows - love the last shot with the green framing the window

jewels said...

Pat, very nice! I love how the greenery frames the window in your last photo! :) I felt slightly off kilter wanting a long blond braid to fall down from the window. I almost felt that if I starred long enough, she would appear!

Cheers,
jewels

Mandy said...

Those are so detailed. I love the iron work on these.

Michelle said...

what a cool structure! i can so see rapunzel up there.

Chell said...

These are really cool and I can totaly see rapunzal whaen I look at them..