Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer: Waterfowl

Summertime means flotillas and armadas of Canada Geese...

...or family groups... ...or lone individuals, napping and drifting off from the rest of the gaggle.
A string of ducklings were startled as I hiked by, and paddled as quickly as they could to get to cover with Mama...

Little did I realize, that lurking on the shore, was the Dreaded Pacific Northwest Alligator, rumored to exist but rarely seen!!!
LOL!!!!! I just couldn't resist. The family who brought this to the lake thought I was nuts.


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last one makes me laugh...put a smile on my face...I also love the one of all the ducklings in a row!
Cari

Anonymous said...

The last one is funny. Another lovely way of enjoying the summer. Watching the animals swim.

Reds said...

LOL - love the gator!! And those little ducklings are too cute!!

Melissa said...

the babies are so cute! The gator made me lol!

Sara said...

LOL ,that croc is frightful!
I can't wait to share these with Little S, she LOVES birds!

Sharon said...

Perhaps that alligator is meant to keep the geese off the grass? Goose poop is really gross!

I love the flotilla and the chicks!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Oh that is hysterical! Love the little babies!!

Amy said...

LOVE the reflections of the geese...and that last shot is so fun!

Becky said...

At first I thought the alligator was one of those decoys people put out to try to keep the geese away. :-D

Lauren Hartman said...

Oh my gosh, I really DID LOL when I saw the last picture! Those ducklings are too cute, they're so perfectly spaced and in a straight line, it looks like someone plopped them down into position on the lake.

Anonymous said...

Nice shots! For a second I thought the alligator was real!

Angela2932 said...

Cute! You really have a way with fantastic composition in your photos!

April said...

haha! oh those are so cute!! i love the little ducklings! darling.

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat, you caught the ducklings in a very tidy row! Well done with the crock too! I love the almost-monotone-ness of the geese; very serene perspective. ML

Mandy said...

Oh I love the ducklings and the last shot is a RIOT! Hahaha. Look out little ducks....that guy looks hungry.

Michelle said...

that last one is too funny! love it! all your geese shots are so nice and contrasty. love how you manage to keep all the green/brown from looking muddy.

Bobbi said...

Oh that line of ducklings is so cute. And I had to laugh at your last picture, you have such a great eye!

Jess said...

ROFL! I'd heard of those PNW gators but never seen one myself... interesting creatures... ;)

GREAT goose shots! I love all the babies!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

The geese are just beautiful. Oh so cute I love watching ducklings. Now I would be afraid to hike there at all with that alligator.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

That is too funny! The little ducklings are adorable.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, that line of ducklings are WAY TOO CUTE!!! And the last one cracked me up too! :)