Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13??

Did you know that fear of the number 13 is triskadekaphobia? Did you know that fear of Friday the 13th is paraskevadektriaphobia? I know there are a lot of you out there dying to know the right terms...LOL!!!

Saw this wonderful clematis at the nursery yesterday. The center is a bright lime green, and almost looks like an anemone. Against the periwinkle petals, it's very marine-looking.
And, this is a leaf in my garden, zealously decorated. Regardless of the source, I love the irridescence of the "embellishment".
***If you don't want to know where the stuff came from, stop reading. It is slug slime. EEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

Tricia said...

I must be weird, cuz I really like the slimey leaf. ;)

Chell said...

Great colors on that first one. Such a pretty clematis. Slug slime LOLOLOL

C said...

Love the new banner :) Nice shots. Slug slim isn't all so bad when it makes pretty on leaves huh ;) LOL.
OH... until now i didn't pay attention to the fact that it was Friday the 13th! HA!!

Malisa said...

beautiful clematis!

Bobbi said...

I love how you know the words for everything! The flower is so pretty...now is thee a technical word for slime ;) lol

Trina said...

The sluggy slimy leaf is really neat looking!

Tori said...

eewwwww... slug slime! gross! It does look cool though! :)

Can you believe that I put off signing our new lease for another week because I didn't want to sign it on Friday the 13th? How crazy am I?

Reds said...

Learned something new - don't have a fear of Friday the 13th... but glad it's over!! ;) - Do love the slimey leaf... ;)

Stacey said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the second one regardless of source!

Jess said...

I LOVE that clematis! The color combo is amazing! And the slimy leaf is beautiful, who knew slug slime could be PRETTY? :)

Becky said...

I knew that was slug slime. :-) I love that purple and green color combo on the clematis. Back when I did rubber stamping a lot, those shades were one of my favorite combinations (SU gable green and lavender lace as a matter of fact).

Kristina said...

Wow, I didn't know slug slime could be so pretty!

♥ Amy said...

Gorgeous clematis shot! Love it! And thanks for the Friday the 13th info. We celebrated our 16th anniversary yesterday and it was all good! :)

NTD said...

Such a fun and colorful banner. Pretty flower. Thanks for the fear of definitions.

Amy said...

I think the slug slime capture is fantastic. PS, I love your header!

April said...

haha..that is discusting!! but it looks so cool though!!