Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer: 1

Summer is here in the rest of the country, but in the Pacific Northwest we don't really start getting warm sunny summer weather until after the Fourth of July. I have even worn my parka on some 4ths--unfortunately! So, some of my summer posts may be from last year in the warmer months...

15 comments:

Kristina said...

Wow, I didn't realize it was that chilly up there! When does Fall begin then?

Melissa said...

Very cool shot!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! Love the greens, love the reflections. When we visit family in Idaho on the 4th of July, sometimes we wear our parkas to the parade, too!:)

Sharon said...

I love the orange paddles, fun colors.

Reds said...

So peaceful... love it!

Bobbi said...

Love the reflection here Pat! I would probably like your weather right now as long as there is no snow. I hate snow and heat-fall is my time :)

Chell said...

wow not warm till the 4th?? I woudl not like that. Great picture!!

amazing grace said...

we spent the day near a river today.....:)

fun image........beautiful greens!

Val said...

cool shot!

Amy said...

This is so beautiful, I LOVE the reflections! Reminds me of summer before last when I went kayaking in Alaska. It was early August and we had on parkas!!! :)

Mom2Drew said...

A couple of 4ths back we had to get our coats out too...it's a total crap shoot. What gorgeous water! That is something we definitely don't have.

Stacey said...

Great shot. I would love to learn how to kayak. It looks so beautiful where you live.

Mandy said...

That is so awesome! I love how you got everyone in the shot.

Michelle said...

oh how fun to have a group of kayakers! i've never been but always wanted to. i really like all the bright color against the green.

Angela2932 said...

Ooooh, that looks like fun! Beautiful reflections! Pat, you asked about the Chocolate Ruffles Heucheras the other day. That IS their natural color, kind of brownish and purplish. I'll post a photo maybe tomorrow a little farther out so you can see them better.