Thursday, January 10, 2008

1-11-08

Not on topic today--although, my camera (I used my Sony H5 P&S) was focused, so I GUESS you could say I am on theme. Since today is cold, gray, rainy and drear I am using some earlier shots. These are from a few days ago when we had gotten some snow. ML (Periwinkle Eye) and I went for a hike at a lake near us, a little higher in elevation, so the snow lasted longer. The first shot is the mountain everyone hikes in the nicer months--you can hike out onto the flat ledge and see almost forever. The other 2 photos are zoom-ins on details--the top of the mountain and individual trees clinging to the sides, and a stand of Doug firs covered with snow. I love the fact that when it snows at our place, it only lasts a day or so. If I REALLY want snow, I can get in the car and drive 15 minutes. Perfect!



35 comments:

Anonymous said...

so beautiful! wow, wish i lived by that!
tara

Mom2Drew said...

Oh, I can feel the chill in the air and it's fabulous!!

Kristina said...

Gorgeous. I want snow :(
-Kristina K

Val said...

very majestic!

Danielle said...

beautiful. I really like the third where you can really see the snow on the trees.

Anonymous said...

Love that last shot. It is so crisp!
Cari

Toni said...

You take the most beautiful pictures! Toni

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. You take such nice pictures

Sharon said...

Who cares about topic when you have such wonderful photos!

Jennifer said...

WOW, stunning photos!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! The first and last pictures would make really great Christmas cards!

Kristi said...

Those are breathtaking! Love the snow-covered pine trees!

Liz said...

I really like the last shot, the way the light is playing on those few trees and you can see that behind them there is a cloud blocking the sun. AWESOME!

April Michelle said...

beautiful shots, really!

Jess said...

These are GORGEOUS! I am jealous of your beautiful scenery... I miss the mountains!

C said...

this is some beautiful scenery! GOOD EYE!!

Melissa said...

Wow these are gorgeous!!! We have lost every bit of our snow here in Upstate NY

mel said...

just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful!!

Lauren Hartman said...

Beautiful Pat! How lucky you are to be so close to the snow. Nothing but rain, rain, and more rain here :( I really should hop in the car and head out your way to play in it!

Margaret said...

Pat, Beautiful shots. I love the contrast between the blue sky and the white snow. You're lucky to live in a place where you can drive to the snow if you really want to see it. I've been able to see it out my window all the time lately....and eventually I'm going to get tired of it.:)

Anita said...

Pat these are amazingly beautiful!!

Angela2932 said...

Your snow only lasts a day or 2? I'd check the warranty on that if I were you! The snow we get on the ground in November is still around in April. Makes for some very interesting intersections at times! I like your 3rd photo the best; the angle and slope of the trees just seems somehow more dynamic. . .

--sme said...

Lovely, seasonal shots!!!

Tomboymama said...

Those are just great. I grew up in Alaska and sure miss the mountains, trees, and maybe some of the snow :-)

Anonymous said...

Burrrr! The snow looks so stunning!

Becky said...

Pat, these are just lovely! You live in such a beautiful area.

me said...

lovely! I love the last shot a lot

April said...

those are gorgeous.

Tori said...

beautiful! i'd love to be able to drive 15 minutes and see snow!

Tera Fraley said...

Those are some amazing photos, wow!! Great job! Makes me chilly.

Farrah Jobling said...

beautiful...so peaceful.

Bobbi said...

Really beautiful shots, makes me want to visit :)

Yvonne said...

Beautiful pictures!! Love your landscapes!!

Lori said...

Again . . . amazing!