Monday, January 7, 2008

Focus 1-8

I posted a photo of this view at the beginning of the POTD; this time I focused on the berries at the cliff edge, and took a slower shutter speed so the Falls would be a little smoother. I may try it again, weather permitting, and this time work on Ap depth so the background is a little more out of focus.
APOLOGIES TO JEWELLS!!! Her post yesterday came to mind as I was hiking today and saw this set of high-powered binocs, and couldn't resist. Yep, we had snow last night--although by the time I made it to the Falls it had melted.
Oooh--Hi-Spy Viewing Machines! Clever.

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is something very cool about that last photo! Very cool!
Cari

me said...

they are all great! I love that waterfall and you always capture it very well

C said...

pretty waterfall! all great pictures!

Bobbi said...

I love that last pic and I just saw the one from yesterday, love the spin :)

It's These Little Moments said...

the waterfall is beautiful

For Over 29 Years... said...

Pat, the waterfall one really taught me something in the angle of your shot. When you compare them, in my opinion the last one is so powerful. Almost a different scene.

Margaret said...

Pat, I love the waterfall. The other shots are great, as well. Love the BW.

Jessica said...

The binoculars with the snow makes me think of the movie Short Circut..remember that? Pat you live in the most amazing place for outdoor photography. I love coming here to see what you are up to! Awesome as always.

Jess said...

I love that pop of red in the first shot! I am on a red kick right now, lol.

The binoculars are very cool- that name is so clever!

Debbi said...

Really cool photos! Love the DOF in the first one and the contrast of the red berries.

April Michelle said...

your pics are really nice - love your "eye"

Kristi said...

Gorgeous again! The colors in that first one...WOW!

Tera Fraley said...

Very cool captures!! Love the waterfall.

Mom2Drew said...

The viewfinder looks like a little robot:) I like the smooth waterfall.

Melissa said...

I love what you did with the waterfall shot. I really like the first shot of the binocs, I think it's the pile of snow LOL!

Anonymous said...

The pic of the waterfall is nice. The Binnoculars idea clever

Ljsmom33 said...

Nice pictures! The viewer reminds me of E.T. Beautiful waterfall!

Kristina said...

I love the bw conversion!

Kristen said...

I love the focus on the berries in the 1st one, and the water is very smooth and pretty. Do you recall a movie in the 80's about a robot..the name is escaping me but the binocs reminded me of it, if its not too weird to say..it reminds me of cute little robots...i love it!

Lori said...

Love the red color in front of the waterfall!

Jen said...

I love waterfall pictures... too bad I don't have any near me!

Ashley Hiskes said...

What beautiful pictures!

Val said...

Love these!

Unknown said...

LOL! I love all of them! Great work

Tomboymama said...

I like the Hi-Spy Viewing machine with its hat of snow!

Yvonne said...

I love your pictures!! Especially the waterfall, but I must say that I liked the angle of the earlier shot better... don't know why it seems to have more dimension in it!
Loved the snow on you I SPY!!

Becky said...

Very nice. Love those red berries.

robin said...

I like the berries in your first photo. Would like to see your shot with the background even more out-of-focus. Love the Hi-Spy viewing machine - looks so James Bond-ish. I want to go hiking with you sometime, you find such great scenes!

Farrah Jobling said...

I love the berries! Great job with the longer shutter speed!

Tori said...

Love these!

Stacey said...

The waterfall photo is beautiful!