Sunday, January 13, 2008

Focusing on The Edge

Went to the store and bought myself a little bouquet of sunshine. The way petal edges curl and ruffle fascinate me, so I took these daffies outdoors during a dry spell to use the natural light. These were taken a couple of days apart. The 2nd one is the fresher flower--these get paler as they get older. Different light each day, too. I am counting the weeks/months til garden season.


24 comments:

Anonymous said...

both of these are amazing!
Cari

HC said...

Love close ups of flowers!!! The yellow really pops! The second close up is my FAV!

Danielle said...

You make me want to get a macro lense. Just beautiful.

Melissa said...

Good focus! I've not done macros, but i love the second. these photos are beautiful!

Angela2932 said...

Very beautiful! A macro lens would be great for winter when we're stuck inside. ..

Tori said...

i'm loving your little bouquet of sunshine! these are beautiful!

Jen said...

You are so amazing with the macro! Just beautiful!

Kristi said...

These are gorgeous. Loving that second one. Your yellow is so vibrant!

Sharon said...

Great macros!

Anonymous said...

Wow...every time you I look at your photos I want to get into macro work. Beautiful job.

Michelle said...

that second one is beautiful. love your DOF!

Toni said...

I love your captures. Inspiring. Toni

cherie said...

very pretty. really like your leaf shot below too . that is cool!

C said...

beautiful!

Becky said...

I love daffodils, and as usual I love your photos!

Shawna said...

Both are beautiful, but that 1st is just stunning! You do great work with the macro!

Mom2Drew said...

You don't need to do a lot of psing when you get shots like this. Wonderful YELLOW! That's my favorite color.

Margaret said...

Pat, Your macros are always so inspiring to me. I've really been wanting a macro lens!
That yellow is spectacular, and I love the way you captured those curling petals.

Farrah Jobling said...

you do such an awesome job!

Travis said...

Nice shots, as I have said before I really love your flora shots. You do an excellent job with them.

Travis

Ginnie said...

Great shots pat! I just love the bright yellow.

Liz said...

OMGosh these are amazing! The colors the DOF everything is just wonderful.

Sara said...

These captures make the curling edges fascinating to study for us, too.
I was just daydreaming about gardening yesterday, too...

Val said...

Love dafodils. So delicate and beautiful. as always, your focus is amazing, and your photos are gorgeous