Thursday, January 17, 2008

Still "falls-ing"--a little before and after

A couple more images from the Falls, and then I'll go on to something else. This was taken yesterday morning, just as the sun was coming over the mountain and shining through the mist.
You can see how much snow melted off in just one day, compared to yesterday's post.
Top of the Falls--detail SOOC
After--USM, played with the contrast a little to try to get some of the mist out of there. I was excited to see the smaller cascades on the right side that make up the top of the falls.

14 comments:

Kathy P said...

beautiful falls! your pp'd image looks great. amazing what a little defog and contrast boost can do! :)

Angela2932 said...

Looks like a calendar page! You did a nice job with your editing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pat. I could fill my house with your wonderful photos.

Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful! Great captures.
Cari

Jen said...

I'm still jealous of your waterfall! Nice job!

Val said...

so pretty!

Toni said...

Breathtaking... I want to come visit! TOni

amazing grace said...

the first photo is so beautiful! the warm lighting coming through is gorgeous!

robin said...

Love the sunshine and the trees in the foreground on the first shot. Great pp improvement on the second one.

Teri said...

Wow that first one is beautiful, love how the sun is coming through the top of the pic, these are by your home?

Becky said...

Nature did a good job of doing a before and after for you, didn't it? More beautiful shots, Pat!

Sara said...

That top photo is inspirational. I could easily use it to meditate! Beautiful job, Pat!

Margaret said...

Love these. I especially love the third one. The colors are wonderful!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful!!