Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Before and After: Eagles

This was taken with my P&S this summer at the zoo. The whites are blown out, but I was happy to get both adult eagles on the nest. I did some USM, used the auto contrast feature on DIS, cropped, and MASSIVELY cloned out the fence in the background.
Ended up with this, and they almost look like they are in the wild! Not too bad for a P&S at the limit of its telephoto range.

19 comments:

Kristi said...

Wow...that's amazing. i've never seen baby eagles (eaglets?!) before. they're so cute!

Mom2Drew said...

You did a super job! I hear you on the auditions...I'm convinced they take the 10% worst and 10% best and make a show out of it.

Anonymous said...

LOVe what you did here!!!!!!
they are so cute! those are one of the most majestic creatures!
tara

Amy said...

Wow, you did great!!!

Margaret said...

Wow, Pat! I am always in awe of your talent! I love the edit you did here.

Liz said...

WOW you would never know that there used to be a fence in front of those eagles. Great job!

For Over 29 Years... said...

So how did you clone out the fence. That looks impossible! great job. Right there with you on the auditions, geesh, it makes my tummy hurt for them.

Danielle said...

Beautiful birds. Cool you caught them together.

Suzy said...

I think both photo look just amazing! Wow!! Great work!!

me said...

wow great shot!

Angela2932 said...

I love your pp. And I'm so glad you said you took these in the summer, what with the leaves and all in the photo. . . and the weather I have here!

Sharon said...

Awesome!!

Jen said...

WOW! Great job on that fence... Beautiful photo.

Val said...

wow! Huge difference!

Tomboymama said...

That is some good editing, and good picture too. Eagles are so cool!

Becky said...

I know you said you don't like to PS much, but you did an amazing job on this.
And I'm totally in awe that you don't use a tripod. :-O Your macros are SO sharp.

Farrah Jobling said...

I'm in awe of your talent! What's new, right? LOL. Seriously...Great job!

April Michelle said...

nice jobs - looks like you are almost right there

Tasha said...

I love eagles! Great job.