Bubbles in a fountain basin that froze during the cold snap. This one is SOOC with macro setting on my P&S. Conversion to B&W. I felt that it had more punch and definition this way.
I agree with you about the conversion. It almost looks like a charcoal drawing that way. Very cool. And I love the way the bubbles get bigger as you move toward the right of the frame.
That is so freaking cool! Now I want to find some frozen bubbles. I like the bw but I think I prefer the color version, either way though, an excellent shot.
12/31 Hats Off to the New Year January 1/7 Focus into 2008 1/14 Photoshop (before, after, techniques, etc) 1/21 Words 1/28 Vertical vs. Horizontal February 2/4 Aperture 2/11 Love (Happy Valentine's Day) 2/18 Shapes 2/25 Interaction March 3/3 Cropping 3/10 Animals 3/17 Green (in honor of St. Patrick's Day) 3/24 Faith (Happy Easter) 3/31 Spring April 4/7 Natural Light 4/14 Guess This (is it an apple or tomato?) 4/21 Children 4/28 Water May 5/5 Important Women in our Lives 5/12 Catchlights 5/19 Happiness 5/26 Flowers June 6/2 Using Flash 6/9 Important Men in our Lives 6/16 Windows 6/23 Summer 6/30 Patriotic July 7/7 Rule of Thirds 7/14 Landscapes 7/21 Nature 7/26 Sunflare August 8/4 B&W vs. Color 8/11 Reflections 8/18 Lines 8/25 Family September 9/1 Shutter Speed 9/8 Vehicles 9/15 Architecture 9/22 Shadows 9/29 Autumn October 10/6 Panning 10/13 Pathways 10/20 Graveyards 10/27 Halloween November 11/3 Angles 11/10 Your Choice 11/17 On the Road 11/24 What Are You Thankful For? December 12/1 Portraits 12/8 Food (include the recipe if you made it) 12/15 Winter 12/22 Christmas 12/29 Favorite Moments of 2008
23 comments:
that is a cool shot - i like the conversion you did...almost doesn't look like bubbles - very interesting.
WAY cool! I agree about the BnW conversion.
That is so cool! I love the black and white one.
Cari
Love that conversion, Pat! Those look like they're made of glass! Amazing shot!
That is a sweet picture! Toni
definitely like it better in BW. Cool shot. Enjoy your friday night hubby time!
definately the b&w. I wish I could come stay with you a week! We don't have anything around here that cool to photo every day!
That is really cool, love the 2nd one :)
Great shot! I really like the B&W version!
I agree with you about the conversion. It almost looks like a charcoal drawing that way. Very cool. And I love the way the bubbles get bigger as you move toward the right of the frame.
Very cool. I have to agree I like the BnW version the best.
Very cool! I do prefer the b/w one.
I dont even have the words to tell you how cool that is, i could just stare at it.
Wow! That is so awesome. And I like the B/W on this too.
This caught my eye, kept drawing me back in. I like the repetitive pattern, and randomness together!
I also agree on the conversion - I just wanted to reach in and feel it!
That is so freaking cool! Now I want to find some frozen bubbles.
I like the bw but I think I prefer the color version, either way though, an excellent shot.
that is so cool! Love the conversion to b/w... definitely makes more of an impact, to me at least. It almost looks like a drawing or painting to me!
WoW! That is an awesomeimage Pat! The conversion is a definite plus to emphasize the sahp fo the bubbles! Nicely done!
Trace
now that is too cool! love how defined those look. and your conversion works perfectly on it.
I look forward to your photos already (and I'm new here lol).. Awesome!!
I love it! I like the b&w. I'm going to have to start researching macros for camera!
HOw cool!! Love the reflection and the bnw looks great!!
Post a Comment