Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The rest of the Falls

The photos I've posted of Snoqualmie Falls have just shown the top. We had snow Sunday night, and it is still hanging around, so I went to check the falls for ice and snow. The falls were kicking up a lot of mist, but this will give you a little idea of their size. In the spring, the top of the falls is solid water; you can't see any of the rocks that divide the flow the rest of the year.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful!
Cari

Kristi said...

Wow...that is just a gorgeous photo.

Toni said...

You live near such beauty! TOni

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful. I love how you caught the mist coming off of the falls. Really Pat...I can't get over the beautiful places and things you see.

Krista P said...

How pretty. I wish I was there. the water looks amazing in this shot.

Bobbi said...

Oh how beautiful! You are so lucky to have all these great locations, lovely pic!

Mom2Drew said...

Truly magnificent! I love the mist you captured.

Cherie said...

this is stunning....could be a postcard!

jordan.krogman said...

What a dreamy-looking shot. The mist adds so much to it! :)

Danielle said...

What a beautiful place to go hang out.

Liz said...

Beautiful shot. You always have the best nature shots. TFS

Michelle said...

that is stunning. love what you caught here. i would be there everyday if that was even remotely close to my home. beautiful.

Angela2932 said...

What a beautiful location! You captured this well. Good framing.

jewels said...

Oh, Pat, I'm so happy in my heart when I see this! I used to hike down and up snoqualmie falls all the time growing up! :)

What a beautiful shot!

cheers,
jewels

Sharon said...

Wow! This is beautiful!

Tera Fraley said...

just gorgeous!! Makes me want to go there!!

Jen said...

Beautiful!!!

Can I tell you how much I envy you! We have one "waterfall" in Florida... Google it and you'll laugh your butt off!

Tomboymama said...

Absolutely beautiful. The mist really makes this picture so neat.

Suzy said...

Gorgeous!!

Becky said...

Beautiful! You have such wonderful inspiration around you.

Val said...

Amazing. I like how you used the branches to frame

April said...

that is gorgeous..i love waterfalls.

Farrah Jobling said...

Awesome shot!

tori said...

OH WOW! That's absolutely stunning!!!

Amy said...

Gorgeous!