Monday, January 21, 2008

Words

This is one of my favorite-read-almost-every-year books. It's by Nancy Turner, and is written as a journal, chronicling the life of Sarah Agnes Prine, a young girl in the Arizona territories. It is loosely based on the life of Turner's great-grandmother, and is well-written, with an absolutely unforgettable main character. Sarah loves the power of words, and this post is for her.

27 comments:

Michelle said...

looks like a very interesting read! love the texture of the book that you captured.

Tera Fraley said...

How neat, bet its a great book if you enjoy it every year!

Toni said...

So awesome... This post gives off a great feeling...

Anonymous said...

That looks awesome. I really love your take on this Pat!

For Over 29 Years... said...

What a great way to honor your favorite book. It looks like a beautiful textured cover.

Stacey said...

Sounds like an awesome book!

lcp said...

What a great idea for the theme. Nice sharp photo!

Suzy said...

Great shot and nice description!

robin said...

I am going to add this title to my list of books to read. Always like to have recommendations on a good book! Sounds like one I'll enjoy!

Debbi said...

Sounds interesting! Great idea for the theme.

cherie said...

nice shot for this weeks theme!

Bobbi said...

This photo makes me want to read the book. I will have to check it out

April Michelle said...

love your idea of the theme!

C said...

great choice for your picture :) i'll have to check this book out one day ;)

Margaret said...

Pat, What a great shot! I've heard of that book, but have never read it. Now, you've inspired me to check it out!

Sara said...

:)

Ginnie said...

I haven't ever read that book, but I really need to. That's another book to add to the list.

Great shot!

Angela2932 said...

Aww, what a cool testimonial! I'm going to have to go check out this book in Amazon now! I like that you photographed something meaningful and on-theme for Words.

Jennifer said...

How cool, looks like a good read!

Tori said...

Very cool! I might have to check into that book at the library... seeing as how I'm in Arizona and all.... ;)

Mom2Drew said...

How funny...I almost thought it was a typo.

Becky said...

Love your take on the theme, Pat!

Liz said...

Sounds like a great book, I will have to put it on my list for 2008.
I am loving all these posts with "words" that are important to people, it really gives you a glimpse into who everyone really is.

Amy said...

I love to read so I'll have to check out this book. Neat idea on the theme.

Val said...

Great photo. Sounds like a great book too!

Ashley Hiskes said...

Great picture!

HeyLady said...

I'm looking for my next book. I'll make a note of that one.

thanks.
laulley