Saturday, January 26, 2008

Words: "Scrounged" letters

I have been taking photos during the past year of alphabet letters that I find in nature. My rule is that I can't alter anything--move or arrange branches, Photoshop out stuff, etc. It either IS the letter or it isn't--no tweaking.
So, after seeing Buckeye Mama's post a couple of days ago, I decided I would try an interpretation of her idea with my letters. I would've liked to have written Nature, but the storyboard ended up being too big, and just a small one is hard enough!!
All these letters are exactly as I saw them. The only thing I've done is USM and a little cropping. And, I actually have ALL the letters of the alphabet! I'm going to put them in a book.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I love this! Wonderful job!
cari

Val said...

OMG Love this!! This is going to be my summer project

Margaret said...

That is so great, Pat! You definitely have a creative eye!

Krystle said...

Wow this is AMAZING!!!!!! Wish I had your dedication! Beautifully done!

Katie said...

This is amazing!!! I may have to keep that in mind the next time I'm feeling in a funk and want a photo challenge...your work is awesome..love it!

Kristi said...

I just ADORE the organic nature of these! Just beautiful!

Shawna said...

These are awesome! Much more creative than mine!! I love the E!

jordan.krogman said...

I LOVE it, Pat. Wow, this is so fantastic!!!

Reds said...

WOW!!! I so love this!!! I will have to look at nature with a new eye!!! :)

Jess said...

Very cool! I "LOVE" this idea! I was thinking of trying to do this with each of my kids' names- I am inspired now!

Unknown said...

I think these are the neatest pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh nice job. I might have to borrow this idea

Angela2932 said...

This is really cool. EAch one is a work of art in itself!

Chell said...

Oh that is a wonderful project. I am going to have ot try it..

Becky said...

Love it and love your idea for a book. I've added this to my list of things I've got to try.

Stacy said...

That is amazing. You should definately put them into a book. The pictures are great. I am going to start looking around in nature and see if I can see any letters.

Amy said...

Wow, this is so cool and beautiful too! I think putting them into a book is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow...definitely my favorite post so far for words. I love it. Really fantastic, Pat. I think my favorite is the last one.

Tori said...

that is absolutely AWESOME Pat! I'd love to see all the letters! Oh... and LOL about DH... mine says the same thing... all. the. time. :)

--sme said...

This is WONDERFUL! Thanks for the inspiration--I might have to try this. ;)

HeyLady said...

This is a great idea! I love the storyboard.

laulley

mel said...

that is so cool!

For Over 29 Years... said...

I am trying the same project! Unfortuanetly I have only been out on shoot once. You just got me more motivated though! Great job.

summerbl4ck said...

this is amazing. and the letters are so clear. i'll have to keep my eyes out...

Tracy said...

Amazing Pat-I think this is the coolest idea and have been looking for them too-there is another long 26 things challenge in there for me though.
Tracy

bcgal00 Rae said...

Wow...never thought of doing this. What fun!