Monday, January 28, 2008

Horizontal and Vertical

Still reveling in the snow. Two shots down a road up in the mountains from where I live. There is an entirely different feel to these two shots, depending on the orientation. This challenge is a good one for me, because I tend to shoot vertically all the time, and I need to push myself to shoot in horizontal mode...so here's a try.


35 comments:

Jess said...

Ooh, these are great! I think I like the horizontal one best, but they both do draw my eye down the lane. :c)

--sme said...

Each gives a different feel--and I like them both!!!

Margaret said...

Beautiful! I love both of them, but think I like the vertical a little better. Adds to the majesty of the trees!

Mom2Drew said...

I like the vertical one best...shows those gorgeous evergreens!

Unknown said...

I think these give a totally different feel with each.. I love them both.. and wow, that snow and trees, gorgeous.

Kristi said...

LOVE the vertical one. I mean, come on...they're both amazingly beautiful, but that vertical one... Makes me want to go there, to that very spot!

Anonymous said...

These are so amazing. I am so jealous that your snow is still so pristine and white! I just love it.

Reds said...

Beautiful!! Love them both!!

Katie said...

I like the vertical best but they're both beautiful....

Val said...

It is a totally different feel. i love the horizontal one

Becky said...

That really is a different feel. Definitely worth getting that horizontal shot. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the second one. Makes my eye go down the road...
Cari

Sharon said...

They are both great but the vertical does give you the image of enclosure.

Melissa said...

These are just beautiful! Gorgeous!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Yes, you are right they are a totally different feel. The vertical one definitely draws you down the road. But the horizontal one shows you a lovely scene.

Amy said...

These are beautiful! I think I like the vertical best because it shows the height of the trees.

Sarah Phipps said...

I agree. I like the vertical one.. it makes me miss the snow.

Michelle said...

i love these. the horizontal one is my favorite...it really draws the eye in.

~JustJulie~ said...

What beautiful scenery! I think I like the feeling I get from the vertical one best.

lcp said...

What a beautful setting! I love the snow...makes the cold tolerable. :-) Both shots are lovely, I can't pick one over the other!

Anonymous said...

Oh loving all the snow you have. both photos draw you in.

robin said...

These are beautiful. I love the look of snow on evergreen trees. Can't decide which version I like best, so I'll pick both!

Stacy said...

Beautiful shots!!

Chell said...

I love them both. Great shots of the snow.

HeyLady said...

I like the vertical one the best. It feels like it has more depth to me.

laulley

Danielle said...

Beautiful and it really does give a different feel depending on your angle. I hadn't thought about that.

Melissa said...

I really like the horizontal one. :)

mel said...

beautiful! the vertical draws me in more, makes me what to go looking!

Kari said...

Gorgeous! I love the look of the snow on the trees, and you captured it well. Nice composition.

Liz said...

I am glad you tried playing with horizontal because that is a great shot!!

Ljsmom33 said...

Very different feels. Gorgeous place to live!

Jen said...

I like the horizontal as well... but both are beautiful!

Tera Fraley said...

Ohh love these shots, so hard to choose a favorite!! I love the snowy wintery feeling!

Tori said...

wow... so beautiful and peaceful. I love the vertical one...

Angela2932 said...

Really like the 2nd one!