Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Words: WHAT did that say?!

I admit, I am a word freak. I LOVE words, they way they sound, the way they can be used--and some of the crazy ways they are mis-used. I am always on the lookout for a sign that doesn't quite say what it should, or is a "DUH!" sign (as in so obvious, why did they put a sign there?) So, here are a few of my favorite signs that I didn't use in my 36 Things post...
This one, obviously, is a "DUH!" sign. On the edge of a 100+ foot cliff on the Pacific Ocean.
Love the notice on the left side of the window. Do you think they've had customers with tattooer's regret?
Ok, make up your mind. Either dogs are allowed or they aren't. What is this "Except..." business?
Man, this place doesn't fool around. None of those wimpy speed bumps here--they go for the full-sized humps!!
Weedwhacker, shmeedwhacker. Give me a Brushslayer anyday!!

29 comments:

periwinkle eye images said...

Oh Pat!
I have just had the best few minutes of my day, laughing at your "words". I know how you love stupid (face it - that's what they are!) signs,and I am so glad you are collecting them. Great focus, color - great pics! ML

C said...

LMAO! LOVE PIC 1 AND 2! these are GREAT! TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha....what a riot. I love photos that make you laugh, and these ones definitely do. I almost peed myself.

Anonymous said...

Those are all so funny!!! Great photos!
cari

Reds said...

Great great pics!! Love your signs!! :)

Jen said...

RIOT! These are funny!

Sharon said...

LOL! And I thought the brushslayer had to do with rogue photoshopper. ;)

Liz said...

I love looking for funny signs but I never thought to photograph them. Love this!

April Michelle said...

OMG....these are so funny! i love your signs!

Angela2932 said...

These are hysterical! You live in a funny funny place! Thank you so much! You should collect these for a book!

Sara said...

ROFL!!!
These are pricelss, thanks for sharing the laugh with us.

Tori said...

LOL! These are really hilarious!

Krista P said...

How funny. You made my day.

Tera Fraley said...

Great pictures!! Made me laugh, great way to look out for these!! TFS!!

Becky said...

LOL. These are great. I love funny signs too. I usually don't see anything so good, just lots of misspellings and apostrophes that don't belong.

Ginnie said...

"Falling can be deadly"... WOW, who would have thought! LOL. Love the post!

April said...

oh those are awesome..i love these kind of signs..thanks for making me laugh.

--sme said...

WOW, those were some funny signs. You just can't make stuff like that up!

Amy said...

These are so funny! Love them all.

Stacey said...

Very very funny!

Jen said...

THOSE ARE SO AWESOME! LOL!

Margaret said...

Pat,
Thanks for making me laugh today! These are all hilarious! I'm a word freak, too! Love the one at the tattoo parlor!

Kristi said...

These are just GREAT!!! I too will spend way to much energy looking for quirky signs like this!

Melissa said...

I enjoy reading signs too! These are great!

mel said...

lol! those are great! you should make a little book of all the signs you find!

robin said...

Ha-these are so funny! The tattoo studio one is my favorite. You've inspired me to keep my eyes open for examples like this!

Anonymous said...

I love these they are so funny nice finds

Val said...

Hilarious!

Jessica said...

OMGosh these are hilarious!!!!!! Absolutely had me cracking up!