Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Focus: Better People Photos

I admit, I am NOT, SO not, a people photographer. All you Peas who do such a wonderful job taking photos of kids, adults, families--my lens cap is off to you! One of my foci (would that be the plural of focus, like cacti is of cactus? but I digress....) this year is to do better with photos of my family. My oldest GD HATES having her picture taken--won't smile, won't make eye contact, doesn't even want to be in the same room as a camera, and has been that way since she was old enough to know what a camera was. Her baby sister is the polar opposite--she sees a camera and goes through all the "See how cute I am?" antics, and never stops smiling and performing. Miss E, the older, would rather take pictures--thus the photo below. (Must admit, I understand that feeling---and love to see her with a camera in her hand.) So, this year I want to try to do better at catching her unawares, and to get some photos that are less snap-shot-y. (These were taken with my Canon A710 in the hopes that a smaller camera would be less intrusive and easier to get shots with....)

32 comments:

Michelle said...

i think those are adorable! i can definitely see the different personalities here. you caught them very well. good luck on the portrait focus--i need to work on the macro...

Sara said...

Love to see your nonpeople photos, but who doesn't love to see little beauties?

Margaret said...

Pat, These are so cute. I love the one where she's holding the camera! You definitely captured their different personalities.

Anonymous said...

Those are great! I have to bribe my own kids...I hate that. I also need to focus on non people photos...that is where I need to improve! Good luck to you!
Cari

Kristi said...

Your granddaughters are just ADORABLE!!! I cannot wait to see more pictures of them!!

Mom2Drew said...

That's a good goal to have. What cuties and I love that she's holding the camera too;)

jordan.krogman said...

Those girls are just gorgeous! :) I love how you described their personalities. . . they sound an awful lot like my two! Thanks for leaving such sweet comments on my blog, too! :)

me said...

they are so cute!

Debbi said...

I love your photography and I think you did a terrific job with "people". These are so cute!

Tera Fraley said...

Very cute!! Im with you, not so good at people. But your macros ROCK!!

Sharon said...

These are nice. I have 2 who are just like that at the moment. You just have to grin and shoot, this is who they are. ;)

Danielle said...

way cute pictures. I love your photos.

Katie said...

OMG, they are both so cute!!! I love the 1st one where she's looking up at you...and the 2nd one..I just want to snuggle her right up....so sweet!

I think you did great w/people shots :)

Jennifer said...

Adorable photos!! I just love the 1st one :)

robin said...

Such cute girls, I love the hair on the little one! I always enjoy your journaling, something I need to work on.

Angela2932 said...

You did a great job of capturing her beautiful eyes!

Teri said...

These are to cute

For Over 29 Years... said...

Way to go Pat for doing something new. it's great to break out of our box isn't it?

Yvette A said...

Cute kids. You did a good job.

Kristen said...

what a great focus, and your journaling cracked me up too :) And I have been admiring your non-people photos on 2 peas for quite some time, I have no doubts you will soar on your new venture!

Ljsmom33 said...

Those are sooo cute!

Unknown said...

It's good to know you are human afterall ;)!!! It's great that we all have something different to work on...whatever that might be. They are both darling...and I LOVE the blue eye dark hair combo! What a beauty!!!! Have fun...

Bobbi said...

I think you did a great job capturing their personalites. They are so adorable.

Toni said...

That sounds like a good new years resolution to me! I would love to do the same. Cant wait to see all your new shots! Toni

Tomboymama said...

How cute are they! Their personalities do show in those! Nice.

Becky said...

I hear you on the people stuff, Pat. With macro our subjects basically stay still. Those DGDs of yours are awfully cute!

Ashley said...

They are so gorgeous! I love how you captured different personalities of each of them.

Kristina said...

So cute. I love kiddies with cameras. :)
-KristinaK

Jen said...

Very sweet!

Ginnie said...

That last shot makes me grin :). I wish I could get better at my macro shots... you do such an amazing job!

Val said...

Aw they're so cute!

Tori said...

They are so cute! Love how you captured their personalities.