Saturday, January 19, 2008

Winter at the Mill Pond

Since it's been raining all day, our snow is melting quickly. I have never, in the 20-plus years we have lived here, seen snow that lasted more than 2 days. This fall lasted almost a week--we still have ice on our road. So, this is from a trip to the mill pond near us right after the snow fall. (It's about a mile from the Falls in previous posts.) Gorgeous morning, sun just starting to come over the mountains, quiet and still--just perfect.


I really need to work on my white balance...

24 comments:

Kristi said...

I swear, Pat, you live in the most beautiful place on earth! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Those are so beautiful. I really like #2 something about it really draws my eye in!
Cari

Tori said...

These are gorgeous Pat! I love the last one!

Debbi said...

This looks so peaceful and calm. These photos make me want to be there!

Anonymous said...

really love them! where you live is gorgeous! LUCKY!
tara

April said...

those are gorgeous..i love the look of snow on pine trees..in salt lake our snow lasts forever..it's be weird to have it not last long cause i'm so used to it. anyway, these are beautiful.

Michelle said...

wow. do you need a houseguest? those are just beautiful! i love that last one--such a cool perspective!

Joanne Fowler said...

Oh, how beautiful! What great captures!

Amy said...

These are just gorgeous, I can feel the peace and calmness.

Suzy said...

I love these!!

Anonymous said...

These are so beautiful. I don't know what it is about #3 but it just really seems to be my favorite. Your snow is still SO white. Ours is all brown and icky.

Sharon said...

These are wonderful! And now I am shivering.

Becky said...

Absolutely beautiful as usual. I think we all want to come visit!

Toni said...

All I can say is just beautiful. You capture beauty around you! TOni

amazing grace said...

i really like the last one too!!! fun lighting.....gorgeous scene!

have you been overexposing a stop for the white snow? that'll help....

Tera Fraley said...

These are amazing!! Look like postcards to me, looks so nice and peaceful!

Margaret said...

Pat, It is so beautiful there, and your captures are just wonderful! It looks so peaceful!

cherie said...

thaqt last one just love the point of view in the shot. all are just a lovely wintery scene

Stacey said...

Just perfect is right! These are amazing

mel said...

beautiful! i just love the first one!

Angela2932 said...

These are beautiful! I especially like the last one. I don't think our snow ever looks as beautiful as this; I think you have the terrain for it, so the variation in the levels (landscape, not photoshop!) really adds to the beauty of the photos.

Val said...

beautiful! So frosty looking

April Michelle said...

the place you live is really beautiful! your shots really reflect the beauty!

Sara said...

Stunning...