Thursday, January 24, 2008

Words: Innocence

My DD is due any day now with #3, and I can hardly wait to fly back East and get my hands on the new baby and my other 2 DGDs. Why is it that grandchildren are so much more soul-satisfying? (Probably because we DON'T have them 24/7....) I LOVE new babies, the freshness, the delicacy, the fresh-from-God innocence. I love the little squeaks and sounds a newborn makes, and the ephemeral smiles that flit across their faces (no, it's NOT gas--they are remembering Home), and the way they smell and their soft skin.... Anyway, this is an old photo, but one to me that embodies the innocence of a baby...

27 comments:

Kristi said...

What a doll!!! And congrats on the soon-to-be new grandbaby!!

Tera Fraley said...

So sweet, a sleeping baby. Love those lashes!! Congrats on another grandbaby!

Unknown said...

How precious. Love this post!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Love it!
Cari

jordan.krogman said...

Oh, you're making me long for my baby to get here. . . I love your description. :) Have a great time meeting your new GD!

Val said...

so beautiful. look at those sweet little lashes

Ginnie said...

"no it's NOT gas--they are remembering Home", I completely agree. That is such a great capture pat.

Liz said...

This just so innocent and sweet. I don't think there is anything sweeter than sleeping babies.

Jen said...

I LOVE this.... so sweet!

Shawna said...

BEAUTIFUL! PERFECT! I can practically smell newborn baby through the computer!! :)

Mom2Drew said...

Ooo, those eyelashes and lips are just too sweet. Congrats on the new grandbaby.

Sharon said...

Oh that is so gorgeous!

Reds said...

Ahhhhhhhh!! So precious!!

robin said...

What a sweet, innocent baby! They are so precious when they are sleeping. Looking forward to new grandbaby pics, do you know if it's a boy or girl?

Jess said...

This is just beautiful! I love the sleeping baby shot, those delicate little eyelashes and that mouth curled into an "o". Your journaling just tops it all off too!

Congrats on the soon-coming new grandbaby too!

Tori said...

so precious! Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Chell said...

What an amazingly precious shot. So sweet and angelic.

Teri said...

awww this is so precious, love it.

Amy said...

This photo is so sweet! I think newborns sound like kitty cats, it's one of my favorite sounds.

Becky said...

Beautiful! Love it as always. Congratulations early on the new grandbaby.

Ashley Hiskes said...

Awwww that is the sweetest picture! I can't wait to see the pictures of your new grandbaby!

Angela2932 said...

So totally beautiful, I could stare at this all day! Lucky you and congratulations on soon to be #3!

Anonymous said...

Ph my word! That is so amazing. I love her eyelashes...so stunning.

Margaret said...

Love that. SO sweet! Babies are definitely straight from heaven!

Farrah Jobling said...

wow...what a sweetie. BTW...I love your banner photo!

Yvonne said...

What a beautiful picture!! Love the softness, but also crispness of the picture!

Suzy said...

Congrats on another Grandbaby!! I love your pix here!! Can't wait to see some of your new little one to!!