Friday, May 9, 2008

Down on the farm

I love old barns. I love old barns in the Midwest, where they stand like sentinels against the sky. I always want to know the stories those barns have seen and lived through. When I was back visiting my DD, we went barn hunting. It wasn't until the end of the exploration that the sky went from silver grey to a faint tinge of color, but just in time for the last barn we stopped for.




9 comments:

Sharon said...

I love barns too! Not enough down here, the hurricanes tend to take care of any abandoned ones. ;)

Anonymous said...

I love barns! The first one reminds me of the barn at my grandparents house when I was little. Old ones are rare around here.

Amy said...

I adore Barns!!! I posted the ones in black and white with the quilt blocks a few weeks ago. I think about what great times those old barns saw. The first one is definitely my favorite of them!

Becky said...

I love barns too! Come to think of it, have you ever seen a new barn? We lived in a house with a barn once and I loved hanging out in there.

--sme said...

GREAT barn shots!

mel said...

they must have some stories to tell. Love that last one!

Mandy said...

I just love these...beautiful. My favorite is the first one. Something about the light behind it....reminds me almost of a painting. Really lovely.

Anonymous said...

i LOVe barns! those first 2 are awesome!
tara

Amy said...

What cool barns and great shots! I LOVE the sky in the first one, very cool!