Monday, May 5, 2008

A little whimsy...

These umbrellas were deliberately set adrift in this pond, and the wind blows them across the water. It's like living sculpture. It was so whimsical and unexpected, and SO Seattle (real PNW residents don't use umbrellas) that I couldn't resist these shots.



23 comments:

Chell said...

That is really cool I have never seen anything like that.

amazing grace said...

LOVE these!!! so fresh and fun---great shots!!!!! these are totally postcard shots....:) beautiful!

Reds said...

That is soooo fun!!! Love it!! Especially love the last one!

Sara said...

This is whimsical!
The framing and light and color of that last shot is just right.

lcp said...

Wow! What a fun "sculpture". I absolutely love your last image - the framing is perfect!

Kari said...

VERY cool! Have you tried some colorful fairytailish actions on them. I think that would look awesome.

For Over 29 Years... said...

OMGoodness that last one is just darling. So Mary poppins!

selena said...

That is so cool...what a neat idea!! :) Love them all!

Angie Moses said...

very unique idea! Were you able to recapture that one floating way out in the middle?

--sme said...

Fantastic! I first thought it might have been a wedding with all the black and one white. Very unique idea.

Tricia said...

You amaze me. I LOVE these shots...

Michelle said...

now that is something i would like to see! how cool. and definitely like living sculpture.

Bird Stalker Photography said...

How fun! That is so neat! Love those photos

Bobbi said...

That is so cool! I love little things like this, very artsy.

Mom2Drew said...

So I hve to ask...what is it for? Does it represent anything specific? I like living sclupture like this and love to know the stories behind them.

Mandy said...

Quite possibly the coolest post tonight! What neat and interesting shots!

summerbl4ck said...

what a neat project. love the 1st and 3rd ones.

Jess said...

Holy moly! Those are too too cool! I love them all!

Angela2932 said...

How pretty! I wonder if it "has" to be black or grey umbrellas?? What a great shot!

Tori said...

Love these! So cool and fun!

Tera Fraley said...

How neat I have never seen anything like it. Very whimsical!!

Becky said...

How fun! I love the framing in all the shots. I might have to stage a photo like this someday.

Amy said...

How cool! So simple, but nothing I'd ever come up with! Great shots!