Thursday, May 22, 2008

Still too wet...

..to get outside and really do any shooting. The upside is that when I do, I am going to have raindrop shots aaaallllll over the place!! Brace yourselves.
These are from the park on Monday, before it started raining. Our little photo class/group got together for some practice. I discovered that although I DID take some photos of the kids provided, I would much rather do other subjects, or at least my family, or people who don't know I'm taking the photos...long distance candids, so to speak.


The photo below is from last summer, at a beach in Seattle. These kids were in 7th heaven with all the driftwood and the fort they were building. The little redhead in the center was the organizer and foreman of the project. This was sheer happiness.

18 comments:

Tera Fraley said...

Gosh Pat, your details are amazing! I love that first one! So pretty!

♥ Amy said...

Pat, these are, once again, just amazing. I've been trying to copy you, but I'm very frustrated with my lens. Now I've added the 100mm to my wish list (that will probably never be followed up on - ha!). LOVE that last picture. Now that one is my style. So special.

Reds said...

Love these - you are the Master of the Macros!! And that last one spells hapiness to me too! :) Celine

Anonymous said...

Amazingly nice details Miss Pat! Love them.

Becky said...

Love the composition and those curlicues! Speaking of long-distance candids, I thought of you when I read a thread on the NSBR board the other day where someone freaked out that a stranger was taking photos of her child. And speaking of 2Peas, is it down? Because I can't get on. If it's up, would you mind posting on the POTD thread for me that I am up? Thanks, Pat!

Chell said...

i love your macros. they are so inspiring. can't wait to see the raindrops..
And Oh yes there was some fishyness you detected in my pics..

Kristina said...

Wow, that second one is just AMAZING! You have such a great eye for these shots!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

These are tack sharp. Love the one with the kids on the driftwood.

Sara said...

The story of the last photo is too cute.

But I love your "wisher picture... with two wishes hanging on, waiting to be pushed out into the winds. Oh, the poetry of it!

Cindi Koceich said...

Awesome plant shots!!! What is that second plant...it is soooo cool!!

Angelica said...

I love the 2nd photo. Your detail always amazes me!!

Malisa said...

Pat- great job as always- and I'm bracing myself for raindrop shots!

Mom2Drew said...

did you get that first one printed, wow!

Mandy said...

Oh my word...those fern photos are unreal. I love the way you captured every single facet of them.

C said...

Wonderful! Love the 2nd shot with that awesome texture and curls! The last shot reminds me of an old movie... dang it i can't remember what it's called though! Great shot of them having fun!

Jen said...

Man... that 2nd one rocks! Pat you are awesome!

Farrah Jobling said...

I love the dandelion! I'm obsessed with them! =)

Amy said...

Looks like those kids were having so much fun, great shot! And LOVE the ferns unraveling, such awesome detail!