Friday, May 23, 2008

This and that...

It's not raining today, but it is cool and so cloudy that I almost need a flash outside. So...
A few left-overs from the excursion up to the Skagit Valley last month to see the tulips. This windmill is in the display garden of one of the bulb companies. I love this old shed, with the moss-encrusted roof. A very typical sight around here...there are companies that specialize in moss removal!!
And--is this not the coolest little place you've ever seen? It's like Dali or Picasso tried their hand at architecture!
R had to use the umbrella the other night while he was grilling dinner, and I got caught up in the abstract raindrops. I took some at a smaller aperture, but didn't like the definition as well; I prefer the wide-open abstraction.
And, this was taken Monday before the rains hit. The wild dogwoods in the woods around my house are blooming. They are really creamy and lovely, and I love the rough knobby bumpy center they have. They are already on their way out; they don't last long.

13 comments:

Sharon said...

Every one of them is so lovely! I love the organic house as well.

Jess said...

I didn't know Holland was in the PNW! ;) Those buildings are all so neat, each one seems to have its own very distinct personality! LOVE the raindrops and the way the water refracts the colors of the fabric. And ahh.. dogwood... ours are on their way out around here as well. Pity, their blooms are SO unique!

Sara said...

The house look like it belongs in a Harry Potter movie, or perhaps the Hobbit!

Lauren Hartman said...

Holy smokes Pat. I haven't visited your blog in far too long, your pics are just stunning. I especially like the pansy ones. Really lovely and your focus is spot on with such gorgeous bokeh! I can't believe I missed the tulips completely this year, in fact I've pretty much missed all of spring. There's always next spring I suppose...

Becky said...

I like the way you took the windmill at a different angle than usually seen, and those houses are so cool. The wonky one looks like it could be in a Shrek movie!

Debbi said...

That third one is really cool. Very pretty pictures!

Bobbi said...

What a great little collection of shots! That little house is too cool. I love that dogwood shot too.

Tori said...

I love each and every one of these! You totally rock the raindrop pictures.... and I love that little cottage in the third one! It DOES look like it belongs in a Harry Potter movie!

♥ Amy said...

Love the mossy roof, the "Picasso" building and the gorgeous Dogwood. Nice variety and great quality!

April said...

very cool pictures..i love that last flower..so so pretty.

Tera Fraley said...

I just love that last one! Great shots, interesting places! And as usual love the rain drops

Cindi Koceich said...

I love them all!!
I would love to do a session by that shed...it is soooo cool! And that house...wow. That can't have been easy to design!!
Love all of your photography!!

Amy said...

So cool! I'm loving that neat shaped one too, how fun! Also, the water drops on the umbrella are awesome, love the colors!