Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Flowers: Calla Lilies

I love calla lilies--they are so spare and architectural and graceful, with their swooping sensuous curves and delicate tips, and the hidden centers. You can get abstractions without hardly trying. I've come across some in colors other than white, and they are still as fascinating.






19 comments:

Yvonne said...

OHHHH I love these lillies... these were the same flowers I had in my wedding bouquet (SP?) Beautiful pictures again... I did not know they were in other colors than white or yellow. Beautiful! Love the second picture!! Nice composition!

Sharon said...

Very cool! I am seeing them in a new light these days.

Michelle said...

they definitely are a gorgeous flower. my mother collects everything calla so i am well associated with them. you did a lovely job capturing their beauty.

Sara said...

And sensual... beautiful, loving the second purplish one.

Margaret said...

Oh, Pat...Wowie wow wow! I cannot believe how beautiful these are. Would you please come here and give me macro lessons?!!!

--sme said...

Wow wow wow!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Beautiful shots and great color.

Amy said...

WOW!!! These are just simply beautiful!!! Your photos are always such an inspiration!

Stacey said...

So stunning. I love the flow and curves to the flowers. Beautiful

Mom2Drew said...

So graceful feeling. Amazing lines.

Reds said...

they are so elegant and colourful! Love how you showcased them!

Becky said...

I think calla lilies are one of God's most artistic creations. You've captured these so beautifully! My stepsister always used to quote Katherine Hepburn in some movie: "The calla lilies are in bloom again." Now I have to go Google where that came from. :-)

Becky said...

P.S. Stage Door, 1937. :-D

Jen said...

Just breathtaking!

Debbi said...

Beautiful as always!

C said...

So clean, and beautiful! Wonderful comp as well as clarity!! LOVE the 3rd shot!

mel said...

Gorgeous! love love love them! I am hoping to plant some of these, and the gerbera daisies this week. Is it bad that I'm picking my garden flowers because I want to photograph them??? :)

Bobbi said...

Calla lillies are so beautiful! I really love the soft putple one here. You are right though you can get lost following their curves.

Chell said...

oooh these are great. I love them. I can't wait for ours to finally bloom, couple weeks still I am guessing. I think only our pink ones will make it this year..