Saturday, May 3, 2008

Water: falls again, and a wave

The rains and the melting snow in the mountains are turning a lot of the little trickles into fledgling waterfalls. The water is rushing and gushing and speeding down the mountainsides, and little waterfalls are turning up where you never see them in the summer.



Ok, this OBVIOUSLY isn't Seattle. I just had to throw this in to (rub salt in my wound) remind myself that water is actually blue and turquoise and jade and gorgeous when the sun shines (in Hawaii!)

19 comments:

Christiana said...

Those waterfalls look like the Smokey Mountains! You can really see the movement of the water. Love the blue of the wave. Cool shot!

Jess said...

Those waterfalls are gorgeous! It's amazing where they pop up in the spring out there, huh? LOVE that turqoise and white wave... makes me long for the beach and I've never even been to Hawaii! :)

Chell said...

Those waterfalls are incredible. Glad you are able to capture them while they are there

amazing grace said...

oooh love that last shot!!! and the 3rd is so peaceful!

Yvonne said...

Great pictures of the waterfalls! I can't decide which one I like most, they are all beautiful! Don't you love it when the water is actually blue.... here in South Texas it's brown most of the time, except before a hurricane comes! LOL and we "enjoy" that!

selena said...

I love the waterfalls and that wave makes me want to be at the beach right now!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Photos. ooh and the Hawaii, its sooo pretty.

Trina said...

Love the waterfalls! That last shot is such a tease! It looks like a painting!

Amy said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used a slow shutter speed to make the water look so soft!

Stacey said...

These are incredible. I think you should sell them:) The colors in the last one are amazing.

Sharon said...

Beautiful waterfalls!

Tera Fraley said...

Love your waterfalls! I have yet to photograph any. I'd love to be there with you!! On the beach watching the waves.

Debbi said...

The waterfalls are so beautiful. I only wish I could sit by them and listen to them - so relaxing!

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat, I am so glad you went out to capture these. # 1 is my for-sure favorite; it could be the cover of your next-year's calendar. It is perfect! I like #3 also, and the tropical turquoise is "the perfect wave"! ML

Amy said...

Stunning photos. I must admit I wasn't reading all of the words and when I got to the last one, I was puzzled enough to go back and read. ;)

Becky said...

Another thing I admire about you, Pat. I haven't been able to achieve the waterfall/slow shutter speed yet. And that Hawaii shot is gorgeous too.

Cindi Koceich said...

Wow...all of these shots are really spectacular!!!

Waaaaaaah...I wannna go to Hawaii!!!

Katie said...

very pretty. makes me want to go back to the beach!

Angela2932 said...

I think if I lived anywhere near these I'd never get anything done! I'd sit transfixed before them and stare at them forever. . . .kind of like I'm doing with your photos right now! They're gorgeous!