Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hosta drops

I am so bloomin' tired of rain!! It finally let up today for a bit, so I went out and took some photos of drops, because that's about all that's going on. It's been so cold and wet that spring is really late this year. My hosta are finally starting to come up and unfurl, and I love the way the water droplets hang on the tips. These are hand-held; very lucky today.






18 comments:

Reds said...

Always amazed and impressed by your beautiful macros Pat! Hope you are feeling better!

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Those are really awesome pictures!! I love how much detail you've captured.

Melissa said...

You have to be the queen of drops on foilage! :) Love looking at your work!

Becky said...

I think these are my favorite drop photos yet! Love the curl of the leaves. That third one down resembles a snail head to me. Hope you feel better soon!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

I hope you feel better soon. Incredible. What great reflection. I think very skilled more than luck.

Michelle said...

oh sure, just blow me away again! that second one is incredible. love how you can see the other shoots in it. hope the rain lets up for you and that you get to feeling better.

Jason said...

WOW! That is all I can say....

Cindi Koceich said...

gorgeous and crystal clear!!

Amy said...

Pat, these are just beautiful! Amazing and such great focus, impressed with your handholding!!!

Kristina said...

Pat, these are STUNNING! It's amazing how each and every one of those droplets have reflections in them! You have such a gift for this!

Debbi said...

Amazing! I love trying to figure out what the reflection is in the waterdrops. Just love these macro shots!

Kim said...

Pat, I don't have any words my mouth is just hanging open!!!!

Jess said...

OMG OMG OMG! I am in AWE. You continue to hold the title of Queen of water drop reflections! I hope your rain lets up soon... but if it makes you feel any better it's been raining a lot here in the midwest too (it's raining right now actually). :)

Tracie said...

Pat, I just love the drops sitting on the curled up ends, gorgeous!

Bobbi said...

Hope you are feeling better! I love that 2nd to last shot, it is so interesting the way the plant twists.

mel said...

beautiful! spring is slow in coming here too! hope you are feeling better. ...the orioles from my post were over at my mom's. haven't seen any at my house yet. not sure if we get cardinals up here. I haven't seen any, but I'll have to look into it.

Margaret said...

Sorry you've been sick! I am amazed at those drops! Wow! Incredible reflections!

Tera Fraley said...

Amazing Pat!! the droplets and reflections you get never cease to amaze me!