Thursday, May 8, 2008

Let the River Run....

Playing around some more with shutter speed and creamy water. I love what a slow shutter speed does to the rapids and the swift current in the river. I wish you could hear what all this lovely rushing water sounded like (if you don't have the Carly Simon song running through your mind...)


These next two remind me of Kaz's work, but these are just the result of slow shutter speed, and the colors of the water and rocks.


24 comments:

April said...

these look awesome..i've been wanting to get pictures like this for so long..i've just gotta go find the perfect waterfall.

Chell said...

Oh I love how dreamy the water looks in there. I have got to try it sometime. I just LOVE these

Reds said...

Wow! Gorgeous shots Pat!

Sharon said...

Goodness! You could write book for all of your expertise! Lovely!

Jess said...

OOH, awesome!!!! I love that silky smooth water (and yes I do have that song in my head now- but that's ok, I love it!) These shots give me the sudden urge to find some running water and play with slow shutter speeds (if it weren't so dark out now I could actually do that in my own yard... too much rain lately!)

lcp said...

These are gorgeous - creamy is right! Love the effect of your shutter without blowing out the water.

Anonymous said...

That water is so perfect Pat. Where were these taken?

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

The slow shutter give it such a dreamy look. These are great.

Kristina said...

Ohhh...gorgeous! Love those last few shots.

Mom2Drew said...

awesome! Where did you set up the tripod?

Margaret said...

Holy mackerel, Pat! Those are so amazing. I need to get over to the river one of these days and try out the slow shutter speed thing! You did great. So beautifully creamy. And thanks...Now I have that song stuck in my head!:)

Kim said...

Gotta go find some rushing water, these are great.

Debbi said...

Beautiful! I think I've said this before, but I wish I could be there to hear the rushing water - love that sound!

Mandy said...

These are unreal...You just blow me away sometimes.

Tricia said...

Pat these are stunning. I love everyone of them. WoW, just amazing.

Anonymous said...

very cooL!
you always find the coolest stuff in nature!
tara

Bobbi said...

I love these water shots. I have always loved when people capture the water slowly it is so pretty and calming.

Diana said...

Pat all i have to say is these are AWESOME

Sara said...

I was thinking these look like Kaz's paintings!
They are so pretty, it's calming to stop and enjoy these.
um, kinda wish I could be there right now.

Becky said...

These are all beautiful, but the second to last one is my favorite. It's so abstract and dreamy looking.

Amy said...

Pat, these are just GORGEOUS! I've wanted to do this for about six months now...the time since I learned how to use manual mode! We've been in ice/snow mode, so I couldn't find any running water, but now that it's melting, I should be able to find some running down the mountain! Again, these are beautiful, I love how soft the water looks!

Tori said...

these are awesome... love how smooth and soft and pretty the water looks!

Angela2932 said...

Your slow shutter speed photos are awesome!

Amy said...

Love that word, "creamy." Perfect description and what gorgeous photos!