Thursday, May 29, 2008

Flowers: Botanic Garden assortment

Just a few from the Botanic Garden...it's a little lower in elevation than where I live, so things are actually blooming there.
This is perennial bachelor button. It can be really weedy and invasive, but it is such a striking blossom, and I love the color

Isn't this the most luscious color of Oriental poppy? I love this deep raspberry so much more than the usual shock orange.Ok, so tall flowers (like this delphinium) and macro + winds aren't a good combination, but I couldn't resist the visitor on this flower.



29 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Pretty colors. The red one looks a little like paper mache;)

Sara said...

sigh. that was a lovely walk, thanks for taking us on it with you :)

Sharon said...

So pretty! I keep saying I'm going to go to the botanical garden, been saying that for 8 years now. ;)

Chell said...

Oh I love them. they are great. Yes winds and macro are not a good combo but I can see why you wanted one with the visitor.

Kristina said...

So pretty! I like them all :)

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

They are all so lovely! I love how much detail you've captured and that you let us know what they all are!

Amy said...

These are so pretty! My favorite is the perennial bachelor button!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

Pretty. Some of them don't even look real.

Amy said...

Wow! These are fantastic! I love all the colors.

mel said...

what a gorgeous array of colors! Love the raspberry color as well, and that purple too!

BizEMommaK said...

These are AMAZING!

Shawna (shawkrem)

--sme said...

I love the first purple one. Great colors, a funky subject and a good angle. Great shots!

Suzy said...

Love the colors! What beautiful flowers!

Amy said...

Hi Pat, mine is a rhododendron tonight. :) My mom has so many in her yard and I just love them. She had foot surgery a couple of weeks ago and I went to visit this past weekend. I spent quite a while watering her flowers while she sat on her porch and told about the different types of flowers. :)

Trina said...

THey are all so pretty. I love the last one!

Anonymous said...

all so pretty! you make me want a macro and a knowledge of plant life!

Margaret said...

These are all wonderful. Such beautiful, varied colors. I feel like I can reach out and touch them.

Sharon said...

I wish we had a Botanical garden near us. These are beautiful.

Stacey said...

What beautiful flowers. I love the texture to them.

Mandy said...

What amazing flowers. They almost look fake. The last one is my favorite...that purple is stunning.

Jess said...

These are amazing! I love love LOVE that raspberry colored poppy! And how awesome that you caught that little visitor in the delphinium! Wonderful shots! :)

Shawna said...

Beautiful colors and such awesome bokeh!

Becky said...

I especially love the vertical bachelor button one!

periwinkle eye images said...

Pat - I love each of these, but the "antique" poppy is a stunner. (You know, I think I know right where that one variety is growing because I captured it last year.) So dead-on focal point! ML

Angela2932 said...

I love the raspberry poppy! And beautiful DOF with it. I'm glad to be back now and am going to feast my eyes on your previous days' posts now!

Bobbi said...

You always find te most amazing flowers! I love that 2nd one and the last one the mostest.

Joanne Fowler said...

WOW, love the colors and that second one is so cool!

Jen said...

Very nice! Love the colors!

Tera Fraley said...

Beautiful shots! I love the one with the bee, such a great capture. Lovely photos as always!