Sunday, May 11, 2008

Kaleidoscopes from Photoshop plug-in

Lexi found this fascinating filter plug-in (http://www.mehdiplugins.com/english/kaleidoscope.htm), and I had to try it. I am hooked!!

This is the original photo...
The next 2 come from the bleeding heart photo. There are endless variations.

Then something with a little more color...
Yields this...
and this... and tons of other designs. I could play with this plug-in for a looooong time and not get bored.

20 comments:

Chell said...

Okay I totally love that and am going to have to give it a try some time..

April said...

that's an awesome plug in..i love all the colors with the tulips. those bleeding hearts are cool. i just took a picture of them at my moms house. i never knew what they would called but now it's pretty self explanitory.

Sharon said...

These are really cool!

Melissa said...

WOW these are so cool! You never cease to amaze me!

Reds said...

Oh my that looks like fun!! Got to try this! Love it Pat!

Shanna Jones said...

Very cool! Great shots.

Becky said...

That is sooooooo cool. Off to check it out!

For Over 29 Years... said...

Wow, so cool! Now off to go try it.

Mom2Drew said...

Whoa...VERY cool! I can see that last one on a mousepad for some reason.

Lauren Hartman said...

These are so cool Pat! Some look like a kaleidoscope, others like a stained glass window. I love what you've done with them!!!

jewels said...

WOW!!!! :) I want to go play. These look totally psychedelic! :) I want to go and photograph some plants, b/c I've been so inspired by yours!

Cheers,
jewels

Amy said...

Oh wow, those are so cool! Thanks for the link, I'm going to play with that too! Beautiful flowers!

Diana said...

pat i loooooove looooooove the tulips in the first kalidescope. man i have got to learn how to spell

Kristina said...

Well, that is one COOL plug-in! I think it's perfect for your macros. :)

Debbi said...

Wow - very cool! thanks for sharing the link

Jen said...

WOW!!! These ae amazing!

Margaret said...

That is so amazing! I love all those brilliant colors. I can see how much fun it would be to play with that filter all day long!

Angela2932 said...

Whoa!! I'm going to put my snorkeling photo in for sure! Beautiful tulips, and I love the bleeding hearts.

Regina said...

Wow! You definitely chose better photos to work with. I am so glad you are enjoying the plug-in. I think it is absolutely mesmerizing. these are gorgeous!

Tera Fraley said...

Neato!! Thats a cool effect!!