My columbine is blooming. I don't have many of the traditional long-spurred variety, but have several of these smaller, layered types. I love the way all the layers of petals are perfectly aligned here.
And---an early visitor! I didn't think it was warm enough for the dragonflies to be out. The design on this one's body looks like mosaic work. He really seemed to like the solid burgundy columbine.
You really have a gift for showing the beautiful patterns in things, especially flowers, Pat. And I'm so impressed by the dragonfly as well. I have never been able to catch a good photo of one.
These are beautiful Pat :) The detailed layers of petals... and the colors are so pretty! My FAV is the 4th to last shot! LOVE IT! The dragonfly detail is just wonderful!
Amazing the patterns you captured in the flowers. You have quite the eye for nature shots. I love your visitor also. Great captures all the way around..
OMG PAT! WOW. Those columbine are AMAZING. I love the perfectly layered one. And the ones with the rain drops! The dragonfly is the BEST... I can't believe all the detail in his wings, body, and eyes! WHOA. :)
I love the alignment of the petals in these. I admire the way you show off the lovely details in your shots. Way to go on getting the dragonfly shots, too!
Pat, you are truly amazing. How you can take so many pictures and have everyone of them make me catch my breath is something else! You have certainly mastered these!
12/31 Hats Off to the New Year January 1/7 Focus into 2008 1/14 Photoshop (before, after, techniques, etc) 1/21 Words 1/28 Vertical vs. Horizontal February 2/4 Aperture 2/11 Love (Happy Valentine's Day) 2/18 Shapes 2/25 Interaction March 3/3 Cropping 3/10 Animals 3/17 Green (in honor of St. Patrick's Day) 3/24 Faith (Happy Easter) 3/31 Spring April 4/7 Natural Light 4/14 Guess This (is it an apple or tomato?) 4/21 Children 4/28 Water May 5/5 Important Women in our Lives 5/12 Catchlights 5/19 Happiness 5/26 Flowers June 6/2 Using Flash 6/9 Important Men in our Lives 6/16 Windows 6/23 Summer 6/30 Patriotic July 7/7 Rule of Thirds 7/14 Landscapes 7/21 Nature 7/26 Sunflare August 8/4 B&W vs. Color 8/11 Reflections 8/18 Lines 8/25 Family September 9/1 Shutter Speed 9/8 Vehicles 9/15 Architecture 9/22 Shadows 9/29 Autumn October 10/6 Panning 10/13 Pathways 10/20 Graveyards 10/27 Halloween November 11/3 Angles 11/10 Your Choice 11/17 On the Road 11/24 What Are You Thankful For? December 12/1 Portraits 12/8 Food (include the recipe if you made it) 12/15 Winter 12/22 Christmas 12/29 Favorite Moments of 2008
22 comments:
You really have a gift for showing the beautiful patterns in things, especially flowers, Pat. And I'm so impressed by the dragonfly as well. I have never been able to catch a good photo of one.
Just amazing as always. I am in such awe of your photography. Please come and teach me.
I've always loved your photos. WoW on the dragonfly!
I love looking at your blog Pat! Learn so much about flowers!! Those are gorgeous - love the ones with the dragonfly!
Pat, these are just stunning! That second one is sooo cool, but they are all so intricately amazing. I love these kinds of photos from you!
Wow, wow, wow, wow! Gorgeous! That last shot is really awesome too!!
These are beautiful Pat :) The detailed layers of petals... and the colors are so pretty! My FAV is the 4th to last shot! LOVE IT! The dragonfly detail is just wonderful!
Amazing the patterns you captured in the flowers. You have quite the eye for nature shots. I love your visitor also. Great captures all the way around..
Oh my word! These are incredible!
Okay, just- wow. I'm running out of creative ways to describe how I love your captures!
oooh....I love dragon flies! SWEET capture!
Once again you amaze me. Not only are your shots beautiful but you always have something interesting to read.
Gorgeous as always Pat! I love these, and the dragonfly is a nice touch! :)!!
Oh wow Pat these are gorgeous, such lovely layers. And the compositions are perfect!
OMG PAT! WOW. Those columbine are AMAZING. I love the perfectly layered one. And the ones with the rain drops! The dragonfly is the BEST... I can't believe all the detail in his wings, body, and eyes! WHOA. :)
I love the alignment of the petals in these. I admire the way you show off the lovely details in your shots. Way to go on getting the dragonfly shots, too!
Ooh, love the dragonflys!! :)
oh my gosh..those are gorgeous. great job!
These are beautiful Pat. I don't really like bugs so surprinsgly I even thought the dragonfly was pretty here. You have such a gift.
Pat, you are truly amazing. How you can take so many pictures and have everyone of them make me catch my breath is something else! You have certainly mastered these!
All totally gorgeous! Can I be you in my next life? You always leave me absolutely awe-struck with your photography!
Pat- your work is so fabulous! I never tire of looking at your flowers- mine pale in comparison!
Post a Comment