Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happiness...

Happiness is living close enough to your grandkids to be able to take photos of them... That's not my case.
So, here are a couple of random photos of people doing things that make THEM happy...

Ahh--great ice cream, a bench in the sunshine, and the perfect spot to watch passers-by. Aren't these 2 old guys cute?? Love the hat; he looks so dapper.
And this is from vacation in Hawaii--I was way down the beach, and had my kit lens on, but these 2 were having so much fun jumping the waves. I even managed to get her shadow on the wave foam underneath her!

13 comments:

Jess said...

I know what you mean (sort of). I don't live THAT far away from my parents and sisters, but it's JUST far enough we have a hard time getting together. I love those two older gentlemen... I hope I have a good friend like that to sit around with when I am older. And the kids jumping in the surf DEFINITELY makes me smile... I adore the beach!

Gypsy Girl(Brenda) said...

The kids jumping in the water is definatly happiness. I love the beach.

Donnah Ciempka said...

These shots just feel happy - I love the natural captures here.

Melissa said...

Love that shot of the 2 gentlemen. Sitting eating ice cream makes me think they took someone else for a treat too. Hawaii! Would love to go

Ginnie said...

I love that first shot. So story telling to me.

Stacey said...

I feel for you. My parents are a thousand miles away and they miss their grandkids so much. And we miss them. The times we have with them are so special. Great shots. I love the first one! You captured great character.

Jen said...

Nice shots Pat!

Bobbi said...

Those two old men are too cute! I love people watching. What great shots.

Becky said...

These shots do feel very happy! I was just thinking how I admire you for taking shots of strangers because I never dare to do it, then I realized that yesterday at the baseball game I took a picture of a stranger's wedgie because I knew my kids would get a kick out of it. Seriously, it was the worst wedgie I've ever seen--and on a guy!

Sara said...

Awww.
But the old men eatting ice cream and sitting back to enjoy life makes me happy, for sure.

Anonymous said...

the men remind me of when i was little! all the old men sitting on the boardwalk in brighton beach eating their ice cream!! me rollerskating right by!

i agree...happiness is def being on vacation in hawaii!

mel said...

very fun shots. love the first one, it has a very comfy, relaxed, peaceful feeling to it!

Amy said...

Great shots! I'm reading a book right now where a girl having ice cream on a bench started a whole chain of events, this reminds me of it. :) And those kids sure were having a lot of fun!